It doesn't really matter if they've run out of ideas, if they keep the les paul and SG, they're gonna be fine for a long time to come IMO

edit: saw the link, i stand by what i said though. pretty dumb idea for a guitar, they did the same with the flying V (reverse flying V ftw)
Oh man i wait for the day of the.......

REVERSE LES PAUL AND REVERSE SG!!!!!!!!!
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
They ran out of good ideas... Years ago.....All there stuff now is just modifications of there old stuff.. Les Paul, SG, V and Explorer.... Its been that way since the dawn of time... Heres what gibson calls as a new design.. This year we will a new guitar we will make the explorer black..... OHHHHHHHH aHHHHHHHHHHH thats never been done before....
Oh... my... God. That's just about the ugliest thing that I have ever seen. Is Gibson honestly trying as hard as they can to lose the respect of guitarists everywhere?
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
Quote by IbanezPsycho
They ran out of good ideas... Years ago.....All there stuff now is just modifications of there old stuff.. Les Paul, SG, V and Explorer.... Its been that way since the dawn of time... Heres what gibson calls as a new design.. This year we will a new guitar we will make the explorer black..... OHHHHHHHH aHHHHHHHHHHH thats never been done before....

In reality you can only cut a body X number of ways without it being

a. unbalanced
b. terrible sounding
c. ugly as ****
It'll just make everyone like the original Xplorer heaps more

I wish I could have a gibson xplorer :'(...
i actually kinda like it. like i wouldnt buy it but i dont think its as bad lookin as the reverse v. but the headstock on that thing just looks really stupid
Quote by gatechballer
SoLgEr is the ****ing man!!!!!
in my opinion they ran out of good ideas in 1952, with the introduction of the les paul. personally I dont like them at all. I think my $1200 schecter plays better than their $3500 sg's.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
I don't like Gibson as a company or as a manufacturer already, but that thing is... Well, unholy.
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
If they have this much time on their hands to reverse things

WHY DON'T THEY REVERSE THE FIREBIRD BACK TO IT'S ORIGINAL SHAPE?!?!?!?!?

Damn I have been wanting one forever but nowadays it's just like the explorer!!

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
At first it didn't appear so, but now it's pretty much official. They're are just taking all of their Guitars and flipping them....Wow, how creative (sarcasm)
Well some of the new designs suck comign around (like the Reverse V did), but honestly look at the the Shred X, AMAZING, first Explorer out of the factory with a working tremolo.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

Judging from how the Reverse V sold out so quickly, Gibson is jumping on this market of making novelty "Limited Edition" guitars for people with too much money who wanna own something that no-one else really has.

"Hey guys, you wanna see something cool? You've seen a Gibby V/Explorer right? Well check this out!!!!"
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
When you've had one idea that's as good as the Les Paul then you don't really need to have any more.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
they need to bring back, or out the moderne
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T
the headstock is from a moderne
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T
And I think they still have good ideas, the SG Diablo is one of the greatest guitars I have seen recently.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.