30 57%
Get 1.6
9 17%
Don't get 1.6
5 9%
1.6 is tons better.
9 17%
Voters: 53.
Is it a good game or does Source **** all over it? I'm asking because I got Source and I don't know if I should bother wasting space on my computer for 1.6 aswell. So is it good, better, crap, etc.
Dude, if you have Source, don't get 1.6.

It is essentially the same game. 1.6 population varies from country to country. In aus, 1.6 is kinda dead, not as populated as before. If you want an idea of what 1.6 is like, go download CSS Pro Mod.

Source is pretty good but I prefer 1.6 till the day I die, or until CSO gets released with an english patch or something.

Main differences Source has from 1.6 is better graphics, better physics, different spray pattern, different size hit boxes, maps with touched up textures and designs, zoom time and movement speed. There are more differences but I don't know the rest. You aren't missing out on anything.
1.6 has good gameplay
source is essentially exactly the same game with better graphics, but as Maxx_Pouwer said, you can use Gary's Mod with source. And there are alot more mods for source.

I prefer source to 1.6
i am only familiar with source
so i can't compare the two
what i can say is..
source is very very very fun once you get into it
like all online games
it kinda sucks when you are doing really bad
but once you start getting some kills on the board
it's good stuff.
Quote by sock_demon
That's Aunt Jemima to you .

Godin Freeway Classic
Orange Crush 30R
Zoom G7.1ut
Boss OS-2
It's all about the people you play with. I remember back in 2005, I used to keep playing for hours and hours, even when I died 20 times in a row. The community was good back then.
Honestly, I like 1.6 more than source.

I guess Im just more accustomed to it since Ive been playing 1.6 for about 4 years...

/bias
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."
Source is very fun on Deathmatch servers. It's just so fast paced and awesome.
^ oh yes!

The war3 servers were fun for about a week also.
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."
Source is awesome (can't run source engine well).

Plus, garrysmod is probably the most fun I've ever had with a game.
source is totally noob.

i used to play mostly cz, but a bit of 1.6 as well. it was fun. but i never liked source all that much. maybe it improved. i stopped playing counterstrike fairly soon after it came out.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Aside from the graphics and physics difference, 1.6 has smaller hitbox sizes, so it's harder to hit someone. Source has bigger, chunkier hitboxes that makes it easier but sometimes inaccurate to hit. I think that is the most important difference.

I prefer Source though.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Well, I looked online for 1.6 (due to my crappy graphics card) and it says free, but I have a feeling I'll have to pay for something to use it. How do I get this?
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
Quote by Xiaoxi
Aside from the graphics and physics difference, 1.6 has smaller hitbox sizes, so it's harder to hit someone. Source has bigger, chunkier hitboxes that makes it easier but sometimes inaccurate to hit. I think that is the most important difference.

I prefer Source though.

i think this was always the cause of my preference. on another note, day of defeat is awesome. or used to be at least.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by nosushi4you
Well, I looked online for 1.6 (due to my crappy graphics card) and it says free, but I have a feeling I'll have to pay for something to use it. How do I get this?

That's odd.

1.6 is part of Valve's association with Steam. You have to download Steam, which is free but you have to order CS 1.6 through Steam ($9.99) and then activate the game through Steam.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
well you can go buy counter strike source at best buy make sure to get source!

but if u have a crappy computer i wouldnt bother
cuz i have a bad computer and i lag a lot on source so if u do get source get a graphics card first

oh ya and u have to download steam
Quote by Xiaoxi
That's odd.

1.6 is part of Valve's association with Steam. You have to download Steam, which is free but you have to order CS 1.6 through Steam ($9.99) and then activate the game through Steam.

Well, according to this page, it says it's free: CS 1.6 - Softpedia So I don't know. Steam is free?
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
I prefer Source because it's newer and is still being updated. It also has a lot more people. Most of the 1.6 players are very elitist.
Quote by SG thrasher
Bums to the ground when rilakam's around.
Quote by Xiaoxi
That's odd.

No, you can get it for free but you won't be able to play on any VAC'ed servers. Non-VAC servers hardly exist. Hardly any CS 1.6 servers exist.

Really, the only people who think 1.6 is better are the ones who have been playing it since the release. They are mostly all elitists and make up BS reasons why 1.6 is better. They say the hit boxes are more realistic. Well, on Source, at least the whole head it covered by a hit box. On 1.6, it is not.
Last edited by Masonpwiley at Mar 8, 2008,