Page 1 of 2
Whats your favorite metal guitar? At the moment I am thinking of getting a new guitar and I am really into Metal (at the moment metalcore in particular like As I lay Dying and Parkway Drive). Since I have been playing guitar for about 4 years, I think its about time to upgrade from my old Cort G250, great guitar and I will probably still be using it if I get a new guitar (probably keep the Cort in standard E or drop D and have the new guitar in drop C or drop B)
I have been looking at the Jackson Warrior, its one sexy looking guitar and works well too I hear Click here to see it
My budget btw is around $1000AU-$2000AU, but if needed I could spend more
mine is the esp a-1 or ganesa.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
PRS :p

Opeth FTW!
Quote by death_metaller
**** burzum XD

there i said it...kinda

edit: i do realise they are not here...so i kinda didnt say it...

fail
As nice as the WRMG is it has a floyd rose, which is going to be a hassle changing tunings. Well more than a hassle, its not going to be worth it.

If your looking for something for drop B try a baritone, the guys from parkway use
LTD MHB-400 or something, the baritone version
http://www.guitar.com.au/guitars/electric/esp/guitars_baritone.htm

could get it around 1400-1600

If you dont want a baritone then id suggest the jackson DKMG or the DKMGT the hardtail version.

You can get them for around 1200-1400
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Jackson DXMG
ENGL Fireball E635 100
Peavey JSX
Orange 4x12
G-Major
BBE Green Screamer
Caparison, they play EVERYTHING, and the HGS models are made for thick strings for all your drop tunez
Gear
Caparison Horus HGS
B.C. Rich Beast NJ Series
Alhambra 7FS
BOSS GT-8
Peavey Valve King 212
My RG 770 is the most kickass metal guitar I've ever played!
The original wizard neck is just so easy to move around on, and the original edge bridge never goes out of tune. The stock dimarzios are pretty good to
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
read my review i just posted on the schecter c-1 exotic. I wasn't a fan the day before yesterday..... Bought one yesterday after trying out tons of stuff. I'm only a metal player. Fine guitar.
The Gibson Flying V is great for metal, believe it or not.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Thanks guys, you have been very helpful, at the moment I am looking at a lot of ESP's and a few BC Riches, also just names are good, but if you don't mind sometimes it helps to explain why you choose that detail, even if its brief.
Oh and thanks Punkstar I also like those Baritones heaps
Are these good guitars? ESP AX-Series ESP F Series ESP ViperESP M-1000 ESP Viper Series
Man they all look so awesome (I have a fetish for Matt/Flat Black guitars, or any black guitars that have atleast one pointy part)
I like the Ec-1000. It may not be your style. But it's my favorite ESP. Plus I like the ones that are similar to the RG.
Personally, I'm a Schecter fan so I would recommend the Hellraiser Avenger. Good luck with picking a new guitar!
MY GEAR:
Synyster Gates Standard (New!!!)
Slammer PAC3 (or something like that).
Amps:
Some crappy Marshell, soon to have a Mesa Boogie...
Quote by Lady D
Personally, I'm a Schecter fan so I would recommend the Hellraiser Avenger. Good luck with picking a new guitar!

yeah schecter has just amazed me. Their quality, their sound... First company to impress me that much.
I'd say a schecter, probably the Hellraiser (of any model), since it's neck thru, and has active pups,its about the best metal guitar ever for the price.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by paranormal5150
I like the Ec-1000. It may not be your style. But it's my favorite ESP. Plus I like the ones that are similar to the RG.

or u could get the ec-500 without the ugly binding, but thats personal preference.

the ec-1000 in vintage black is damn nice though.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by Timeless
Caparison

+1000
My next guitar is either a Caparison TAT2 or a Charvel Model 6.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
yeah but good passive pickups with a thick mahogany body sounds sooooooooooo good. And emg's sound damn good too get me wrong. Ive had emg's in 5 guitars but they can't come close to the passives in my schecter. It has that low end and clarity and killer harmonics. I used to be all about active until yesterday when I bought my schecter. lol I think im changed for life now. The thickness of the wood!!!!!!
Quote by oneblackened
I'd say a schecter, probably the Hellraiser (of any model), since it's neck thru, and has active pups,its about the best metal guitar ever for the price.

Ohh yeah one of my friends has a Hell Raiser, its a really nice guitar and he loves it
Beck Guitarworks Dragon's Kiss or original Roswell Rhoads. Non more metal.
I see Mother Nature equipped you for a battle of wits in the same way she equipped cows for supersonic flight.
go for the wrmg.... it will get u lots of attention if u want that and it has emgs and looks cool. im a diehard jackson fan so i say no to eps
jacksons and fudging epiphones...im serious
signatures suck...
Quote by Aramis
Because I don't rock like Jack.
RG220z i would love to get one! but if you like the worrior have a look at the ibanez xipos i should be right up your street.
Jackson RR1T
Quote by SeveralSpecies
How the f*ck are you gonna get a cat to bark?

---------------------------5------8-----7-
----------------5-------------------------
------------------1-3-3-------/6----/5----
-1/3--1-1h3-------------------------------

Matt Freeman>You
you should look at maybe a seven string guitar
Quote by d. b. cooper
I listen to metal, therefore I do not have feelings...
ESP LTD EX 400 if you want something black and pointy. it has emgs in it (81 and 60) so it is good for metal. and its not made of cheap wood like the EX-50.
Quote by metal Lover

I really don't know what the big craze is with those guitars, they look like a five year old put them together with lego...
Quote by Puddingfork
Whats your favorite metal guitar? At the moment I am thinking of getting a new guitar and I am really into Metal (at the moment metalcore in particular like As I lay Dying and Parkway Drive). Since I have been playing guitar for about 4 years, I think its about time to upgrade from my old Cort G250, great guitar and I will probably still be using it if I get a new guitar (probably keep the Cort in standard E or drop D and have the new guitar in drop C or drop B)
I have been looking at the Jackson Warrior, its one sexy looking guitar and works well too I hear Click here to see it
My budget btw is around $1000AU-$2000AU, but if needed I could spend more
i think you have the right idea here. It is a floyd meaning youll have to deal with all the springs and **** but Jackson Necks are amazing. Jacksons are by far my favorite metal guitar company. Id sit down and try a few out before you make a decison, jacksons and ESPs have much different feel. if you decide not to get an FR than
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-Deluxe-EC1000-Electric-Guitar?sku=516629 -this is similar to what As i lay dying uses

if you just llike the feel of jacksons better, http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DKMGT-Dinky-with-EMG-Pickups?sku=512241 -same body wood, same pickups, no FR
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Page 1 of 2