so if i were to get a seven string, how would i buy a pack of strings for it??

I would have to buy a pack of six and bass strings just for the low B huh right? or do they sell 7 string packs
d'addario makes a 7 string set, all i've found for mine so far. wish i could find some ghs though
you can get 7string sets in ALL music stores! I'm a yet to see a store without 7string sets in their selection ^^

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
there are daddarios and ernie ball 7 string sets.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
one of my local shops doesn't have 7 string packs, and they're the ones who sold me the damn 7 string. But yeah most should have them, mine doesn't because I live in the middle of an underpopulated hicktown and 7 strings are not popular here.
Yeah there is no need for bass strings, unless of course you intend to tune reallllyyyy low...

Most people buy a 6 string set and add an extra string for the B, i dont like the calibrated 7 string sets around, i prefer a slightly heavier gauge B string.
Quote by hmmm_de_hum
Yeah there is no need for bass strings, unless of course you intend to tune reallllyyyy low...

Most people buy a 6 string set and add an extra string for the B, i dont like the calibrated 7 string sets around, i prefer a slightly heavier gauge B string.

I agree.

Until D'addario make a set of 9s with something heavier than 59 on the bottom, I won't be buying sets.

I usually get a set of 9s or 10s and get a low B string something between .60-.64 Which will handle anything up to A standard reasonably well.
Yeah but it's all down to preference, most 7 players i know cant stand anything lighter than a 60 (myself included)

My advice would be to buy the 6 string you normally use, then buy a couple of low B, and experiment around with what works best with how you play.
Yeah, you can buy 7-string sets of Slinkies or D'Addarios. I usually use Power Slinkies tuned to standard, but nobody ever sells the goddamn things anymore, not even guitar center. Also, the stores around here (again, including guitar center) don't sell single strings heavier than a 52...
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build