I needed a new instrument cable and me and my girlfriend were going into town so we went by wal-mart. Unfortunately the store was all sold out of instrument cables( ) so a worker told us about a music store not too far away. We got lost on the way there, but when we were making a u-turn to go back my girlfriend's mom spotted the store. So we went there and the guy tells us if there's anything we like, feel free to try it out. After looking at the tab books, I turned around and saw a beautiful looking Les Paul. Naturally I walked up to it like a kid in a candy store and picked it up. It didn't feel very heavy, considering the fact that it was a Les Paul. When I looked up at the headstock though it said Vantage. I sat down and played the opening riff to "one", and fell in love with the guitar. It was only $225, but I only had $10 . Whoever set the guitar up was a freakin genius lol. It had an absolutely fantastic sound to it. I felt sad leaving it there lol. I want one of those guitars, but I have only seen one of them and that was $375 on eBay. I was wondering, would it pretty much be like a regular Les Paul? Cause if so I want one lol. Hopefully next month I will be going to guitar center and will get to try out some Les Pauls .
Proud member of the r0k 4 Chr15† club, PM christianbassis oe teh raven to join
My guitars-
Ibanez RX-40 (Had it since I was six lol )
A spanish classical guitar
Lol......
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

PICTURES or it didn't happen! ^^

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
...?

Edit: How exactly is it spam? I found a cool guitar and wanted to share it with everyone.
I thought that was acceptable. If you don't like it, why'd you read it?
My guitars-
Last edited by Gen.llama at Mar 8, 2008,
If you loved that guitar so much, go and see if it's still left if you have the money for it!
Quote by VivaLaJam
Is it me or are all UGers being dicks today

Yeah, seriously, wtf is with you guys?! If you don't like a post you read, don't be an ass about it. Just go somewhere else!

To Gen.llama, LPs are definitely nice guitars. I've never heard of a Vantage, but if I was you, I'd try out an Epi standard LP, as it will probably be even better and you'll probably like it even more, although they're double the price of the Vantage. What amp did you play it through?
amp=80% off tone...
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
"I needed a new instrument cable and me and my girlfriend were going into town so we went by wal-mart. "

Wtf?

Guitars:
-Jackson DXMG (SH-2N, SH-6)
-Schecter Hellraiser C1 (18v)
-Ibanez XPT707FX (Blackouts)
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Main Amp: Mesa DR Roadster

Vantage is kind of an off brand. I have a friend with a strat copy and another friend with like some weird designed guitar by them. They seem very cheap to me. Deffinitely check out some Epiphone models though, and stop buying guitar gear from walmart. (allthough i bought a pretty rad guitar set up kit there for like 15 bucks)
-Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410
-Tons of other bass/guitar gear

FAST MELODIC PUNK! CHECK OUT MY BAND!
therowleyestate.bandcamp.com
Quote by Gen.llama
I needed a new instrument cable and me and my girlfriend were going into town so we went by wal-mart. Unfortunately the store was all sold out of instrument cables( ) so a worker told us about a music store not too far away. We got lost on the way there, but when we were making a u-turn to go back my girlfriend's mom spotted the store. So we went there and the guy tells us if there's anything we like, feel free to try it out. After looking at the tab books, I turned around and saw a beautiful looking Les Paul. Naturally I walked up to it like a kid in a candy store and picked it up. It didn't feel very heavy, considering the fact that it was a Les Paul. When I looked up at the headstock though it said Vantage. I sat down and played the opening riff to "one", and fell in love with the guitar. It was only $225, but I only had $10 . Whoever set the guitar up was a freakin genius lol. It had an absolutely fantastic sound to it. I felt sad leaving it there lol. I want one of those guitars, but I have only seen one of them and that was $375 on eBay. I was wondering, would it pretty much be like a regular Les Paul? Cause if so I want one lol. Hopefully next month I will be going to guitar center and will get to try out some Les Pauls .

erm credit cards r good
Actually our walmart carries ghs boomers 10-46 for $3.65 a pack.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Thank you guys who stuck up for me .
I'm going to look into an Epiphone Les Paul. If they are anything like the one in the store, I will save up for it lol. Unfortunately I don't have a job, even at 18. I live in a small town where there are literally 8 businesses total. You have to know someone or be related to someone to get a job .

modernp: Actually our walmart carries ghs boomers 10-46 for $3.65 a pack.

I know, those strings rock!
My guitars-
I remember the day my guitar teacher let me play his PRS Custom 22. Massive step up from my ****ty strat copy
it's funny, my guitar teacher want to play my guitar (Gibson Firebird Studio) over his guitar (Godin, Forget what model, it's one of the better ones) sometimes lol. As for the threadstarter, if you like the guitar, go back when you have the money and buy it, provided it's still there.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix