so lets say I write a song and I want to name it something like...

Highway Star. Or Brown Eyed Girl. Or something of the sort, you know? Something that someone already made famous.

Would one have to pursue the copyright laws for that name? Or wouldn't it matter since it's your own song just with the same name?
well, theres alot of songs that share the same name but i think it depends if the band wants to press charges i.e. make a big deal about it
No, no, no.... you can't copyright a title. You copyright the lyrics and the melody and that's it. Not the chord progression, the drum beat, or anything else.

The Charvel thing was part of a brand/business name. THAT is a whole other ball of wax.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
You can't get into *any* trouble. Even if you performed a song called You Shook Me All Night Long right in front of AC/DC and a whole team of lawyers.... or Led Zeppelin. As long as the song itself wasn't the same.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
sweet. thanks guys, I don't really have any songs that are named after famous ones, I just thought it'd make for an interesting topic. Plus that's just that much less I have to assume. Furthermore, IF I decide to name a song something famous, I have some info to go off of.