So I won this:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160205956322&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=006

On Feb 10th, paid for it a few days later (but before the final payment deadline), and now it's like March 7th and I still haven't received it. I've messaged the seller like 4 times, with no response.

I'm thinking I'll wait till it's just over a month then report him? Will that even do any good?

I've used eBay to get my PD-7, as well as various other items with no problems.
did you call the number that it says to call for question?
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
well from the feedback the seller doesnt look that bad, it might have gotten lost in the tangles of the sales they were making. I guess try messaging again, then if you get no answer, report him.

sry i cant be more help
Well people are leaving him positive feedback from as recent as two days ago. I would try messaging him again, but like three times in a row to get his attention saying that if you don't receive a reply within a fixed number of days, you'll be forced to contact eBay. Be sure to mention the timescale of the problem.

If you haven't started saving your emails that you've been sending, start now. You have to show you've made all reasonable attempt to contact him.

My own personal views on eBay, is that it sucks and has become a haven for scammers. As long as people are paying listing fees, eBay doesn't care (and this is talking from my own personal experience).

This case doesn't seem like a scam to me, and I think will be sorted soon enough. Good luck.
As long as you paid by PayPal you should have no reasonable worry. But yeah, save the e-mails you send and send several each day. Piss the hell out of him until he can't possibly ignore it. Then take it up with eBay.
you should try ringing the seller up at least that way you have a better chance of fully discussing the issue with the seller. from reading the guys feedback though he seems to be a pretty decent seller, i mean 1750 positive feed back vs. like 4 negative, seems good to me.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
As long as you paid by PayPal you should have no reasonable worry. But yeah, save the e-mails you send and send several each day. Piss the hell out of him until he can't possibly ignore it. Then take it up with eBay.

Jazzy is correct, as long as you used Paypal, he doesn't get paid until you acknowledge receiving the goods. i had a simular situation when i purchased my
Korg rackmount tuner. the guy ment no harm, he was just "dragging his feet", getting it shipped, after a few firm, but polite e-mails, and a threat of bad feedback, i finally received my tuner. good luck.
Quote by pineappleman
you should try ringing the seller up at least that way you have a better chance of fully discussing the issue with the seller. from reading the guys feedback though he seems to be a pretty decent seller, i mean 1750 positive feed back vs. like 4 negative, seems good to me.

I do not trust feedback that well. I have seen many sellers that looked incredibly scamtastic, and yet have an insane amount of feedback. I assume that they have somehow hacked/forged the feedback, so I always choose my bets carefully.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
Jazzy is correct, as long as you used Paypal, he doesn't get paid until you acknowledge receiving the goods. i had a simular situation when i purchased my
Korg rackmount tuner. the guy ment no harm, he was just "dragging his feet", getting it shipped, after a few firm, but polite e-mails, and a threat of bad feedback, i finally received my tuner. good luck.

That's the other thing; usually any real seller will absolutely go insane at the very thought of negative feedback. Drop some hints and he should be quick enough to respond.
Charlatan, I've bought from that seller before and they've been great. Go ahead and send him another msg and I'm sure it will all sort out.
Quote by kranoscorp
I do not trust feedback that well. I have seen many sellers that looked incredibly scamtastic, and yet have an insane amount of feedback. I assume that they have somehow hacked/forged the feedback, so I always choose my bets carefully.

I completely understand how you feel (me being the anti-eBay kinda guy here). But you have to look at this context. It is for a pedal that sold for almost $36! It hardly screams scam to me.

You are right though to be weary of feedback as it can easily be manipulated (hacked accounts are the worse!) But nothing to me here says scam. Only today did he get a postive for an item that cost three time more than this pedal. This guy is a poor seller, no doubt... but in my opinion not a scammer.

Also... if he was a real scammer, he would have enough positive feedback for musical equipment related items he could post loads of vintage guitars and amps and make a killing. (Seen this a few times). Surely no self-respecting scammer would fleece $36?
Any questions, feel free to email or call (262) 697-7625. Ask for Kristin!!!

Thats my first suggestion...

Get in contact with PayPal / eBay as others suggested if your phone call makes it nowhere.
Sometimes, **** gets stuck at the border for weeks. WEEKS.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by kranoscorp

I'm suspicious that way too - obviously.

Quote by anarkee
Charlatan, I've bought from that seller before and they've been great. Go ahead and send him another msg and I'm sure it will all sort out.

Okay, thanks anarkee. It's just that this has been the longest I've ever waited for something that I've bought online, so I've been antsy.

I just find it kind of strange that around Feb/Mar it would get stuck at the border or moving slowly or whatever - it's not like it's a really busy time (ie Christmas).

Thanks all - gonna sit tight and wait for this damn thing to come
Quote by thefitz
Sometimes, **** gets stuck at the border for weeks. WEEKS.

Rofl, so true.

I'd give it a bit more time, the seller does look credible. I know how bad it is waiting a few days for something you're really looking forward to, MF has delayed a few orders for me =\

Just sit tight try to keep your mind off it, I'm sure you're not being scammed.
Quote by yawn
Don't type in all caps.

Otherwise You Look Like A Complete Moron.

Quote by jazz_rock_feel
1) Bold print. Reason? Y/N?
if it's an international shipped item it can take weeks if not months,seriously. i once shipped a box full of clothes, shoes etc. to my family in mexico and after a week or so we thought that the corrupt customs just snatch the loot. fast forward MANY MONTHS later i got an unexpected package. it was the same box of gifts i thought lost a long time ago. so yeah just give it time
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Sort of like how I ordered (even pre-ordered!) the latest Nile Album from Amazon (never again ) And received the CD ....... 9 Months later.. I actually went out and bought the album at a local shop in the end (still had to wait 3 months for that).

But besides that I haven't had any bad experience with Internet buying - So yeah just ask him if it's been sent etc & what he has to say about it.
Quote by Charlatan_001
So I won this:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160205956322&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=006

On Feb 10th, paid for it a few days later (but before the final payment deadline), and now it's like March 7th and I still haven't received it. I've messaged the seller like 4 times, with no response.

I'm thinking I'll wait till it's just over a month then report him? Will that even do any good?

I've used eBay to get my PD-7, as well as various other items with no problems.

rule of thumb.....stick to sellers with ratings of 99.6 or higher and check what the feedback they display is .a lot of scammers use shill bidders on non existant or cheapo items to build feedback .if you are bidding expensive audio gear from a guy that has built his feed back on 25 sales of junk jewelry etc you should pass.before i bid i always scroll back a few pages and read the fb and take a real close look at any negs.even the most diligent sellers are going to get negs from time to time and i cant recall too many times buying from 100% because there are going to be disgruntled buyers no matter how honest you are.but you can usually tell by reading the fb of those who complain.
It once took six years for me to get a CD shipped internationally.

It was a Digimon game for the PlayStation (first one), that I had ordered in second grade when I was kinda into that. After about eight weeks, I gave up, and quickly lost interest in Digimon.
Fast foward to eigth grade- I get a package from someone I've never heard of. Pretty big (about 8''x10''x2''), so I open it, and it's a crap ton of packing peanuts with a single disc, inside one of those flimsy, open-ended disc holders. It's all in Japanese, so after about ten minutes of trying to think of what the hell it could be, I pop it in, and see "Digim0on" pop up on the screen, since it didn't read the disc as a game but a CD. Turns out, I can't play it, so I waited six years for a glorified soundtrack to a game I could never own.

To get back on track, your item shouldn't take six years to get there, but international shipping can be a pain in the rear. If it goes on for a few more days, just email him. My dad's an experienced eBay-er, and he didn't see a whole lot of signs of scamming.
^ Incredible.

Even worse than when I bought a game, only to receive (in a brown envelope no less) a burned copy of the game in a sandwich bag with instructions on how to install the crack.

I complained, and the eBayer said "oh, I sent you the wrong one..."

And literally, it ended like that.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Fitzy, I can't tell if the "Incredible" was sarcasm or not, but in either case, think yours wins in the "wtf" department.
So you never got an actual game?
Nope. Never.

eBay has this thing "we can't tell you WHY the person got kicked off of eBay, but they did" and PayPal had some sort of bull**** along the lines of "we cannot dispute the QUALITY of the goods received."

But yeah, the fact that an order came through YEARS after it was place is indeed incredible.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Ah, yeah. That's always annoyed me with eBay- even if you're involved, they won't tell you jack.

Not even an order, a send-in from the back of a pack of toys. That they even bothered still stuns me a bit.

I'll have to see if I can dig that out, might be a collector's item.