Hey all, well shortly in the future I'm going to rewire my Strat (SSS) with all new pots, pickguard, caps + switch etc because my pickguard's a bit too.... badly drilled and very messy.

I want to change my switching options, but keep the appearance of the guitar totally stock. Having tried the Neck On switch and loved the Neck/Bridge in parallel tone, I wanna use that. I preferred that by far to the Bridge + Middle one, so I wanna replace that with the Neck+Bridge.

So what I wanna do, is have this setup on my 5-way switch:

Pos. 5: Neck
Pos. 4: Neck + Middle (Parallel)
Pos. 3: Middle
Pos. 2: Neck + Bridge (Parallel)
Pos. 1: Bridge

Stock basically, apart from position 2 where I wanna change the Bridge/Middle to be Bridge/Neck.

Is this at all possible? I can't seem to understand the switches.... What kind of switch will I need for it?
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by MrCarrot
Hey all, well shortly in the future I'm going to rewire my Strat (SSS) with all new pots, pickguard, caps + switch etc because my pickguard's a bit too.... badly drilled and very messy.

I want to change my switching options, but keep the appearance of the guitar totally stock. Having tried the Neck On switch and loved the Neck/Bridge in parallel tone, I wanna use that. I preferred that by far to the Bridge + Middle one, so I wanna replace that with the Neck+Bridge.

So what I wanna do, is have this setup on my 5-way switch:

Pos. 5: Neck
Pos. 4: Neck + Middle (Parallel)
Pos. 3: Middle
Pos. 2: Neck + Bridge (Parallel)
Pos. 1: Bridge

Stock basically, apart from position 2 where I wanna change the Bridge/Middle to be Bridge/Neck.

Is this at all possible? I can't seem to understand the switches.... What kind of switch will I need for it?
It's possible, but not with the standard Fender style 5-way switch. You could do that with a SuperSwitch. In fact you can do all sorts of things with a SuperSwitch.

Quote by MrCarrot
I can't seem to understand the switches....

I'll keep this part brief:
  • -The standard switch has 2 poles.
  • -Fender usually wires it so one pole selects which pickup(s).
  • -Fender uses the other pole to select which tone control(s).
  • -There are only 3 throws on the switch. We will call them 1, 3, and 5.
  • -The other 2 positions are called "notch" positions (2 & 4)
  • -In position 2 you get whatever is wired in throw 1 AND throw 3
  • -In position 4 you get whatever is wired in throw 3 AND throw 5

If you want to know more about switches and pickup wiring, try Guitarnuts
It's a tutorial site made by a guy named John Atchley. Good stuff.

There's also a forum . They don't do tabs, or hardly anything else other than guitar wiring.
These guys come up with the most incredible wiring ideas.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.