So, yesterday I go to buy a new guitar. I've been playing Ibanez and ESP guitars all of my life and thats pretty much it. I've never gotten outside of those brands. I'm a really picky guitarist. I've been playing 10 years so long enough to know exactly how I like a guitar to feel. With all of my Ibanez's I have had to change out the pickups and get fretwork done because I set my actions kindof low and theres always some rising frets.
I've never really even thought about shecter before because none of them have caught my eye. But I saw the c-1 exotic. The snow leopard with the matching pickups. It was 699.... I saw it was set neck and didn't have the dots in the fretboard which was a plus. So, I strap it in a 6505 at the music store. Amazing. Normally I probably wouldn't have even picked out that guitar and missed out on it.
Won't need to do a pickup change. The custom shecter pickups sound amazing. Actually they kill my EMG-81 and I've never said that about any pickup. They have me going passive for good now. The guitar is mahogany so the passive pickups really pick up that heavy tone. It's the deepest sounding guitar I've heard. The low end is crazy. And then second... The fretboard... The smoothest fretboard I've ever felt. Once I set my action and intonation I was ready to go when I got home I'm not sure what they do different with the fretboard but anyone who has felt one of these knows what I mean. I mean even when you aren't playing you can just run your finger across it and tell how fine it is. The tone pro bridge is amazing and makes it extremley easy to set your action and intonation. I hate floyd rose but usually I like RG's and they have a floyd rose on it. Anyway this guitar is a heavy mahagony guitar much like my Ibanez SZ but with cooler looks and a much much better build. To anyone whos thinking about buying their next ibanez... try a schecter. Ive owned over 10 ibanez's in my life and 2 esp's. This guitar surpasses those by a long shot. Won't need fretwork the action can be set as low as you want it. Also it has a long scale with an ease to access the upper frets. Amazing sustain. And a coil tap which makes the humbuckers single coil pickups. And like I said these are the most amazing pickups ive heard and they totally slayed the schecters up there with duncans in it. I read up on them and they are finely made. Anyway anyone else got one show your pics.
Last edited by paranormal5150 at Mar 8, 2008,
You do realise that there's a whole reviews section of this site?
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
I didn't know there was one. Plus this is the electric guitar section and people looking for electric guitars probably look in here. So this review will be helpful. I imagine not as many people look at the review section when they are looking for a guitar except for people who aren't new here. I've never looked in it actually. Just this one and the amp section. Plus it's just a forum man. Don't be the forum police. It's cool man..... you'll be fine. lol
Quote by paranormal5150
I didn't know there was one. Plus this is the electric guitar section and people looking for electric guitars probably look in here. So this review will be helpful. I imagine not as many people look at the review section when they are looking for a guitar except for people who aren't new here. I've never looked in it actually. Just this one and the amp section. Plus it's just a forum man. Don't be the forum police. It's cool man..... you'll be fine. lol

Mate - The reviews section is one of the most popular features of this website. Plus you get contribution points etc. It's not part of the forums, and is a separate area that you can find at the top of the page.
Cool ill post it there. I kinda liked it here though because I was hoping to see some other players with them and wanted to see their pics of their c-1.