Okey so how do I calculate the gauge of my strings? i've checked the manufacturers website and the place where i bought it but it doesn't say, all I got to know is that I have elexir strings. so is their some sort of formula to do this? or do anyone know what factory strings their are on a Ibanez SRX595?
Thanks!
do you have a micrometre?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
any guitar shop owner should be able to tell you by looking at them. why do you need to know are you buying new ones. If so then take the guitar in with you and he'll match them
Quote by Deadmen
Wait for them by your door, and when they come.
Jump out with your wiener just hanging there and yell "Surprise!"
They'll never talk to you again, also make shure to helicoptor it a bit.

Memeber #665 of the Ibanez RG owners of the world club
Yeah I do, I messured my B-string and it was 3,3mm in diameter.
and yes Im buying new ones thats why i need to know, I could probably take it to a guitar shop, but im planing to buy the strings online, a 5 string set elexir cost around 120 USD in store here in sweden..
Last edited by Neim at Mar 8, 2008,
String guages are in inches. Change the settings then do it again.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by joshjebl
any guitar shop owner should be able to tell you by looking at them. why do you need to know are you buying new ones. If so then take the guitar in with you and he'll match them

It's very damn hard to distinguish between 0.005 of an inch.
I'm assuming that was the B string? In that case I'm pretty sure that means that the B string has a gauge of .130. You figure out where the number comes from. That probably means you have a standard .130-45 gauge set, but if you're really that curious you could repeat the process for every string.
45-105 is default for a 4 string bass.
5 string depends if you got a high B string or a low D string.

These strings should prety much always fit if you get heavier gauge you might have to make an adjustment to the Nut to make them fit.
To Be is to Do -Socrates-
To Do is to Be -Sartre-
Do be do be do -Sinatra
Quote by Mescalino
45-105 is default for a 4 string bass.
5 string depends if you got a high B string or a low D string.

These strings should prety much always fit if you get heavier gauge you might have to make an adjustment to the Nut to make them fit.

It's a low B or a high C.
aah okey, thanks for the help!
I though you messured gauge in some special way.. you never stop learning do ya?
and yes it was the B string i messured.
thanks again!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
It's a low B or a high C.

Oops my bad. Yes low B, High C
To Be is to Do -Socrates-
To Do is to Be -Sartre-
Do be do be do -Sinatra