Why do people talk about the Telecaster like it's a peice of junk.
I saw a guy at a blues club tearing that place up!! It was one of
the most amazing performances i've ever witnessed live. It even
inspired me to pick up at a local store and give it a try. It basically
has the same exact neck. Who cares about the different shaped
headstock...Why do players talk about it so
horribly. Its only slightly differently shaped.

Is there any actual legitimate complaint..besides they dont like
the shape.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Last edited by Washburnd Fretz at Mar 8, 2008,
I've yet to meet anybody who has a bad word to say about it, but its totally subjective.
Personally, I quite like it. It isn't the best guitar out there, it looks ugly and it is overrated but it plays and sounds nice IMO.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
I personally don't like the shape and feel of them, but they have a very nice clean tone
ohai little sig.
Who says Telecasters are crappy?

I love Telecasters.

Telecasters + B Bender = The point of my life.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I think most of the people that say they are crappy are the 13 year old metalheads looking for their BC Riches.
Since the Tele is most associated with country music and country music sucks people believe the Tele must suck also.The Tele is voiced for a different time, its bassy neck and twangy bridge pickup are made to fulfill a role that is no longer needed in todays music. It is a viable modern instrument in the hands of a skilled player, look at Tom Morello, he uses the Tele in a way that plays up it strengths and gets incredible tone from it. When playing a tele you have know what the instrument is capable of, you're not going to effectively play Slipknot on a Tele, but you can burn up some blues and classic rockin a way that no EMG'd, Floyd Rose'd, shred guiatr ever could. I love the Tele, I've had two now and they are very fun to play and sound great when you apply them to a genre they made for.
Quote by Fat Brian
Since the Tele is most associated with country music and country music sucks people believe the Tele must suck also..

excuse me?
look up brad paisly and then lock yourself in a room you Cunt
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Quote by Fat Brian
Since the Tele is most associated with country music and country music sucks people believe the Tele must suck also.The Tele is voiced for a different time, its bassy neck and twangy bridge pickup are made to fulfill a role that is no longer needed in todays music. It is a viable modern instrument in the hands of a skilled player, look at Tom Morello, he uses the Tele in a way that plays up it strengths and gets incredible tone from it. When playing a tele you have know what the instrument is capable of, you're not going to effectively play Slipknot on a Tele, but you can burn up some blues and classic rockin a way that no EMG'd, Floyd Rose'd, shred guiatr ever could. I love the Tele, I've had two now and they are very fun to play and sound great when you apply them to a genre they made for.

I rofl'd at the fact that one of Slipknot's guitarists do actually use a telecaster.

Proves what you know.
TS usually if anyone says bad things about Telecaster it's pretty safe to say you should just ignore their opinion on guitars, and probably everything else too, because they fail at life.

There is a reason the Telecaster has been in CONSTANT production for like 60 years.. And there is a reason that a lot of the greatest guitarists of ALL TIME.. Jimmy Page, Danny Gatton, Jeff Beck, Keith Richards, Roy Buchanan, Albert Collins... haveused, and continue to use them.
Quote by Fat Brian
you're not going to effectively play Slipknot on a Tele.

self owned

I think Telecasters look amazing, probably going to buy one eventually for the lovely cleans
Usually if anyone says bad things about Telecaster it's pretty safe to say they're a moron.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson DC Pro Custom shop
Fender American Stratocaster - Vintage custom
Fender Squier Strat
Fender Standard Telecaster
I used to not be a fan of Teles before I played guitar and didn't know shit about them, mainly because I thought they looked ugly. Now I've come to my senses, mostly because after I started playing and started paying attention to guitars at gigs I realised that heaps of awesome guitarists use Teles. I now want to buy one, I don't have any single-coil electrics, and this weekend I've borrowed my old high school's Baja Tele for a try (and to restring it, the teachers there don't play electrics). How things change...