ok, i dont know if this is even possible, but i thought it would be cool to replace one of my tone knobs with a knob that, when you turn it, can select different effects. i got the idea from my friends amp, which has a knob just like that on it. so if anybody knows anything about this, could you please help?
I think Fender has a guitar like that (correct me if Im wrong, Im not too sure)

Well... SOMEONE makes a guitar where you turn a knob just like what you said and it changes to alternate tunings without you even having to touch the pegs. I think it does some effects also.
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."
a friend of mine has a Gretsch with built in effects like a phaser and stuff in the guitar, Yamaha used to make similar guitars as well
Fender VG Strat (I think it's VG...haven't been up to date with guitar stuff lately...)
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
The Fender VG strat changes tuning, from 12 strings to acoustics and other things like that

EDIT: damn beaten to it ^
Quote by ajmasterjaydude
ok, i dont know if this is even possible, but i thought it would be cool to replace one of my tone knobs with a knob that, when you turn it, can select different effects. i got the idea from my friends amp, which has a knob just like that on it. so if anybody knows anything about this, could you please help?

You'd have to get Variax board, and install it into your guitar. It's not only about the knob, it is a whole complicated system. Not to mention that the only way you could get the Variax hardware is to buy an actual Variax, get the board outta the guitar and then install it in your guitar.

All in all - it's not worth bothering.

EDIT: I've just checked your profile, you have Gibson Robot Les Paul already, why to get another guitar which changes it's tuning by itself?
Last edited by zombiak at Mar 8, 2008,