I'm either buying

http://www.thomann.de/nl/framus_fr212_cb.htm

or

http://www.thomann.de/nl/framus_fr112cb.htm

to go with my Tiny Terror + Bad Monkey. Does the extra speaker make a significant difference? I'll be playing metal and hardcore most of the time and I don't gig at the moment, but might join a band within a few months. I like my rig to be very portable since my last amp was a 60 lbs SS combo which was a pain in the ass to take somewhere and I'm not exactly rich and could use the extra 100 euros for other stuff.

Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
The extra speaker makes the bass sound deeper and the general sound 'fuller' but it moves twice as much air, so it's going to end up moving more air, meaning that home practice is a bit impractical; i'd probably say go for the single speaker for the TT and if you do gig borrow a bigger cab, or just PA it
Quote by Green_Jelly
Does the extra speaker make a significant difference?

No.

For the same price as the Framus 2x12, I'd go with the Orange 112.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by philipisabeast
The extra speaker makes the bass sound deeper and the general sound 'fuller' but it moves twice as much air, so it's going to end up moving more air, meaning that home practice is a bit impractical; i'd probably say go for the single speaker for the TT and if you do gig borrow a bigger cab, or just PA it

Pretty much every show around here is PA'd, so that won't be a problem.

Quote by slatsmania
No.

For the same price as the Framus 2x12, I'd go with the Orange 112.

I tried the amps in the shop with that cab, sounded very good, but aren't Greenbacks more suited for metal than V30's? Correct me if I'm wrong!
Quote by lizarday
Last edited by Green_Jelly at Mar 8, 2008,
dude there are much better amps than the Tiny Terror for metal... It's a classic rock amp. I suggest you sell the TT, (And this is coming from someone who owns a tiny terror and is very happy with it). But, if you insist on keeping it, then I suggest you look into avatar.
They have great cabs for cheap, it's where I got mine. Got a 2x12 celestion v30/g12h30 bright orange tolex cab for under $300.

EDIT: Oh, nevermind. I just saw that you're in the netherlands, they only ship in US.
Quote by Green_Jelly
I tried the amps in the shop with that cab, sounded very good, but aren't Greenbacks more suited for metal than V30's? Correct me if I'm wrong!

IMHO, V30's are more suited to metal than Greenbacks. I don't see how that comes into play, though, being that the Framus and Orange both stock V30's.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by rush5757
dude there are much better amps than the Tiny Terror for metal... It's a classic rock amp. I suggest you sell the TT, (And this is coming from someone who owns a tiny terror and is very happy with it). But, if you insist on keeping it, then I suggest you look into avatar.
They have great cabs for cheap, it's where I got mine. Got a 2x12 celestion v30/g12h30 bright orange tolex cab for under $300.

EDIT: Oh, nevermind. I just saw that you're in the netherlands, they only ship in US.

I haven't bought anything yet. I liked it a lot boosted with the BM and isn't that what lots of metal artists do, kick a British amp in the butt with an OD?

Quote by slatsmania
IMHO, V30's are more suited to metal than Greenbacks. I don't see how that comes into play, though, being that the Framus and Orange both stock V30's.

The Framus 112 doesn't stock a V30.

Another downside on the Framusses is I can't really try them before buying. That being said, I'll probably go for the PC112 if I buy the TT.

Thanks for everyone's input!
Quote by lizarday
I just got a 1X12 and it's pretty damn loud, so I'd go with that.
Quote by Vermintide
In Soviet Russia, bar searches YOU!!!

i like the looks of 2x12's, but if you're just using it for home practice, get a 1x12
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
I hate 1x12s. They just don't sound as full. It doesn't matter if 2 speakers are the same brand and type, they do sound different. The more speakers you have the better stereo tone you'll have and the more depth you'll have.

There is little difference in volume as well.

As for me, definately go with a 2x12. 1x12s just sound thin.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio