ok i know theres a rate my gear thread but i want as many people as possible to see this because i havn`t bought this setup yet i`m just barrowing it right now, i wanna know what others think about my new rig i think i picked everything pretty good

thanks!!

ok here it is

Head: Marshall JCM900 4500 model 50 Watt.

Cab: 1939 lead series 2 X 12"

Effects: Zakk Wyld Overdrive

Guitar (i already own this) : BC Rich Warlock with EMG 85/81 w/ PA2 gain booster.

now i`m also thinking about getting a:

KFK-1 ten band EQ
M-135 Smart gate
M-132 Super Comp
Zakk Wyld Cry baby Wah.

I`m thinking the MXR pedals because they feel so solid

so what do you think about all that... YAY!! or nay.
Last edited by Slayerdeath at Mar 8, 2008,
There's been like 3 or 4 of these threads today, gawd.

That looks fine. If the M135 is a noise gate, get an ISP Decimator instead. Also, consider if you really need those effects.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
GAS ftw...
My Rig:

+Epiphone AJ100 acoustic
+Fender 60th. Anniversary Stratocaster
+Vox AD30VT
+Vox V847a Wah

look all i wanted was for someone to give me advice on what to do not to slag me off ok

Want advice? Suck yourself off.
well i picked those effect because i heard if you run a EQ through the JCM900 it`ll give it more bass, and King of Slayer uses a 10 band EQ... i love the old school thrash metal sound

the M-135 is a noise gate and trust me i NEED one LOL, the feed back is crazy with the gain outta my guitar and O/D but when i`m playing it sounds so good, i`ll check out the ISP Decimator

the super comp i may not need, but it says it`s good for sustain.

and ya sorry... i just want to know what people think about this setup b4 i lay down the cold hard cash for it.
ISP Decimator then for the noise gate. It's awesome and great value.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by Terry Wayne
doesnt KK use a jcm800?

ya he does.. he uses his Marshall JCM800 2203KK sig head now

but i can`t find a JCM800 and this 900 is kicking some major ass
i was thinking about getting a Weeping demon too... but i gotta try acouple i guess, i just thought the Zakk wyld because Zakk is an awesome guitarest and king also uses that pedal too.

i was also thinking the 95-Q Crybaby or maybe the Crybaby from hell
Quote by Slayerdeath
i was thinking about getting a Weeping demon too... but i gotta try acouple i guess, i just thought the Zakk wyld because Zakk is an awesome guitarest and king also uses that pedal too.

GET ONE...the Zakk wah is awesome....the tone is thick and will cut thru,...even on the highest notes
Quote by Slayerdeath

Metal noob anyone? no offense!

Don't get the KFK 10-band, only real difference from the regular MXR 10 band is stereo output, and you have only 1 amp so just get the Regular MXR 10 band (its cheaper too). For a wah I reccomend the Weeping Deamon, it is probably one of the best wahs under 200 for metal. IMHO the zakk wah is garbage, it has such a crappy sweep. Don't buy a pedal just b/c it has someone's name on it. For a noise supresser get an ISP decimator. For a compressor, a keeley compressor would be good, that or a regular Dyna Comp.
well basicly i know the sound i like... and that sound would be slayers... so i only said the Zakk Wyld wah because Kerry King uses one on stage.... i also thought the 95-Q would be good because it bypasses as soon as you lift your foot off it. i put the Weeping Demon because alot of people seem to like them around here i`ve only really been playing for alittle more then a year, so i`m just looking at what the bands use that i like and try to get what they use... because these guys can afford ANYTHING they want. sure i`m not gonna be getting a custom shop speed V anytime soon but atleast i could get the EMG`s and totaly love them. and also i look at what people love around here, and that made me want a tube head, so now i`m trying one and it`s pretty awesome.
Quote by Slayerdeath
well basicly i know the sound i like... and that sound would be slayers... so i only said the Zakk Wyld wah because Kerry King uses one on stage.... i also thought the 95-Q would be good because it bypasses as soon as you lift your foot off it. i put the Weeping Demon because alot of people seem to like them around here i`ve only really been playing for alittle more then a year, so i`m just looking at what the bands use that i like and try to get what they use... because these guys can afford ANYTHING they want. sure i`m not gonna be getting a custom shop speed V anytime soon but atleast i could get the EMG`s and totaly love them. and also i look at what people love around here, and that made me want a tube head, so now i`m trying one and it`s pretty awesome.

1 year? lesson to learn for you. Using an artist's signature gear it will not necicerrily get you their tone. Besides you need to understand that there are better things that artists have. you also must consider what you want to be as a musician. If you want to join a Slayer cover band and have it as your hobby, than getting close to their tone isn't necicerily a bad idea. however if you want to extend into your own music, than you are going to want to experiment with things other than Slayer's tone. Besides, there are much better tones with more clarity than slayer's. Just because Jimmy page uses a les paul doesn't mean I will go out and buy one. Just becuase Joe Satriani uses a Boss Ds-1 (for some strange reason) doesn't mean I will go out and buy one. You need consider that. The Weeping deamon will sound better than the Zakk Wylde Crybaby and have a much wider sounding sweep range. The MXR 10-band (regular) will basically be the same thing Kerry uses but without stereo output. there you have it.
^^ cool, if i do get the MXR-10 do i run it in line with my guitar or do i put it through the effects loop??? i`ve never used an effects loop b4 so i don`t know what goes in the effects loop, but i`m thinking the EQ would be good to put there.

but ya i know what your sayin about sig gear and what artist`s use, i do play alot of slayer though, but with the EQ i`d be able to find my own sound too.

but ya i may trade the O/D for the EQ, i already got the booster built into my guitar

so i`m thinking

Warlock with EMG`s and the PA2, into a
Weeping demon wah, into a
ISP decimator,(to cut feedback) into my
JCM900 w/ the EQ in the effects loop all roarin out of my
1936 lead 2X12" cab
Quote by Slayerdeath
^^ cool, if i do get the MXR-10 do i run it in line with my guitar or do i put it through the effects loop??? i`ve never used an effects loop b4 so i don`t know what goes in the effects loop, but i`m thinking the EQ would be good to put there.

but ya i know what your sayin about sig gear and what artist`s use, i do play alot of slayer though, but with the EQ i`d be able to find my own sound too.

but ya i may trade the O/D for the EQ, i already got the booster built into my guitar

so i`m thinking

Warlock with EMG`s and the PA2, into a
Weeping demon wah, into a
ISP decimator,(to cut feedback) into my
JCM900 w/ the EQ in the effects loop all roarin out of my
1936 lead 2X12" cab

If i remember correctly.. Kerry king runs his before the amp and the 10 band eq makes a frown face... He use's it like Dimebag as a booster to get some more gain out of his amp...
JCM800
Better wah
ISP Decimator

And you're set.
the 900 is too modern for a Slayer tone.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I think you should try out both the Zakk wah and Weeping Demon Wah and a regular Crybaby.

Becouse I have the Zakk wah and love it more then any other wah and I tried ten diferent wahs before buying the Zakk so you should realy try the Wah out becouse when it comes to a Wah pedal everyone is very picky and has there own personal tastes so you should defentley try it out. The Zakk Wah has a nice warm tone and wide sweep but will not give you the classic sound of a original crybaby so I say go to your local guitar store and try out 10 wahs like I did.
Quote by Highwaytohell
Don't get the KFK 10-band, only real difference from the regular MXR 10 band is stereo output, and you have only 1 amp so just get the Regular MXR 10 band (its cheaper too).

+1, just get a M-108 (The regular MXR 10 Band), no point in wasting money.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I'd actually go for the 900: you might get sick of Slayer and may want more modern tones.
The ISP costs as much as the MXR Smart Gate, so maybe you should look at that.
Go for the standard 10-band EQ. Most likely the only difference in the circuit is the output.
If your playing with high gain, I wouldn't use a compressor. Just my $.02.
The Zakk Wah might be good, but also make sure to try the Dime Wah.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Mmm what ever happened to the good old days of plugging a decent guitar into a cranked JCM 800....
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
^^^ LOL... i can`t find a JCM800 although i can plug my Warlock right into the head and pull off thrash pretty nicely with this 900

i do want a 800 if a 800 is better then a 900 , that amp is even more godly now too me. because this 900 has a ton of gain and it`s clear and sharp

down side it makes all my mistakes even more noticable... guess i`ll just have to practice more LOL

ok so, what i`m getting from this is... Isp desimator, the M-108 10 band EQ, and no comp. and a Wah that i like
Quote by Slayerdeath
^^^ LOL... i can`t find a JCM800 although i can plug my Warlock right into the head and pull off thrash pretty nicely with this 900

i do want a 800 if a 800 is better then a 900 , that amp is even more godly now too me. because this 900 has a ton of gain and it`s clear and sharp

down side it makes all my mistakes even more noticable... guess i`ll just have to practice more LOL

ok so, what i`m getting from this is... Isp desimator, the M-108 10 band EQ, and no comp. and a Wah that i like

Basically yes. If you like how the JCM900 sounds than keep it. No need to sell something you enjoy if you can't find an 800.