Yesterday at guitar center, I plugged into an Vox AC15 and was completly blown away by the amps rich, warm overdrive. Now my question is since i currently play in a band who is gigging, Will this amp cut it?

Most gigs are small restaurants, but we have a outdoors gig coming up soon with maybe 500..600 people.

So will this amp cut it or would it be better to invest in AC30?
yeah, vox is great....hmmm...it would probably cut it in a practice/jamming situation,....but it would probably need a PA for a gigging thing
Another thing is, does the AC30 have the same tone compared to the AC15?
Quote by Axis28
Another thing is, does the AC30 have the same tone compared to the AC15?

Nah, they're both different.

I suggest you try out the AC30, and see how that is. You can always mic the AC15, if you prefer it.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
I would imagine the AC30 to be better because of higher wattage but the AC15 isnt gonna cut it without PA.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
the AC30 will sound even better. The tone will be fuller, and it will most likely cut it in a gig
:
BC Rich Bronze Warlock
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T
Fender CD-SCE140 Acoustic Electric
1962 Guild MKIII Classical
I see...I think I should go with the AC30, the only thing that bugs me is its size
Quote by Axis28
I see...I think I should go with the AC30, the only thing that bugs me is its size

Keep in mind that the AC15 and AC30 don't sound the same.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
The AC30 blows away the AC15. If you're concerned about the size, seek out a 1x12 model. That's what I have. It's great.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Haha, I almost made this same thread!

Anyway, the AC30 is a much better amp than the AC15....... but the AC15 is $600USD while the AC30 is $1200-$1800.

Quote by slatsmania
The AC30 blows away the AC15. If you're concerned about the size, seek out a 1x12 model. That's what I have. It's great.

Where could I find one of those? I couldn't at Musician's Friend or Guitar Center.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Try www.music123.com

Quote by slatsmania

+1
Last edited by False_God at Mar 8, 2008,
Quote by slatsmania
For once I disagree entirely with Slats - the two amps are different enough that they shouldn't really be compared. I love the AC15 for being a little raw and edgey where the '30 is more refined, and I prefer the '15s natural overdrive too.
But...

The thing is, if I was going go buy one a Vox as my main gigging amp (which I might be doing at some point soon) it would be the AC30: simply cause it's nice to have the extra reserve of power and headroom on tap in case you need it. To me the 15 is better-sounding, but the 30 more useful.

Either way, don't get one unless it's got a proper Alnico Blue speaker in it...worth every extra penny.
Quote by kyle62
For once I disagree entirely with Slats

I don't care if you disagree with me - as long as you admit that I'm right.

I think the AC30 is vastly superior to the AC15. I don't know if it's all the fine tuning available, or the tube rectifier, or something else. But I just find it to be much better.

For the price of an AC15CC1x (Celestion Blue model), you can just about afford a base AC30CC2. To me, it's a no brainer to go for the AC30. I just upgraded the speaker in my CC1 to the Eminence Red Fang, a lower cost Celestion Blue clone. Boy, am I happy.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
If you can't find a 1x12 AC30, maybe try a Peavey Delta Blues as a cheaper alternative.

I don't want cheaper..... I want better sound. But I'm checking it out right now anyway.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I prefer the Peavey Delta Blues to the AC15. It's a very nice amp.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Well I will go try one out sometime. Does it have a British-y sound like the VOX does?

And btw, are the VOX amps with the Alnico Blues speakers (the ones that cost twice as much) made in England or China? I will NOT buy an amp that is made in China unless it's an MG, and I wouldn't buy one of those anyways.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
You will need to get both the AC15 and the AC30 miked for over 500 people. The AC30 is tonally different, but I prefer it to the AC15. Richer sound, LOUDER, and great cleans and OD when the top boost is maxed out. Also it will be a lot better for gigs.
High as tits
Quote by thankyougermany
Well I will go try one out sometime. Does it have a British-y sound like the VOX does?

And btw, are the VOX amps with the Alnico Blues speakers (the ones that cost twice as much) made in England or China? I will NOT buy an amp that is made in China unless it's an MG, and I wouldn't buy one of those anyways.

Yes, the Delta blues does have the vox sound. It actually sounds alot like the AC30.

As for the voxes made in china or england, I don't know. I do know that the Delta Blues is made in the USA so that should be top notch quality.
Quote by thankyougermany

Then you'll be missing out.

The amps are built in China under strict quality control to ensure the best possible product at the lowest possible cost. Same construction in the US would probably cost twice as much.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.