Right...

Which would be the best pedal for a Bowling for soup, Foo Fighters, Sum 41, Pop rock style sound? TO be really specific I want a pedal that can get the sound of

"pain for pleasure","Underclass Hero" "Fat Lip" - sum 41
"The Pretender" Foo fighters
"Punk Rock 101" - Bowling for soup
"out of control" Hoobastank

that sort of stuff...

I saw youtube videos of all 3... Right now I'm kind of leaning toward the big muff. But I see that it's a fuzz pedal... and some videos of it are just ugly noise. So I'm also thinking about the RAT 2 which only had 1 decent review... and the reviewer never turned the distortion full, so I never really got to know what it sounds like full. So I'm really stuck on a decision.

The metal muff sounded great... but I don't play metal. at all. Maybe Never? I was kinda wondering if I roll back the distortion and tone and everything, then it'd be a good pedal...?

I'm also planning to buy a Orange Tiny Terror w/PPC112 cab to use the pedal with. I've checked out the Youtube Videos of the Tiny Terror. Would these pedals sound good through at Tiny Terror?

I'd really appreciate it if you can add in why that particular pedal is good instead of just saying which pedal...

Thanks in advance!
日本語も英語もFluentlyしゃべれますよ
No, I'm not American
Last edited by Gicci at Mar 8, 2008,
I think you might need an OD/Booster to boost the gain on the Tiny Terror to what you want. What's your budget? Maybe look into a Tubescreamer or an LBP-1?

Or I suppose you could look for an amp that is capable of that tone?
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
have you even played a tiny terror? with the gain maxed and the tone maxed, its got quite a bit of distortion, enough to even play light metal on it
Quote by AsianShredder09
have you even played a tiny terror? with the gain maxed and the tone maxed, its got quite a bit of distortion, enough to even play light metal on it

I've only seen videos... but I'm assuming that I can't get those kind of sounds without raising the volume up. Am I wrong? I'll be using the TT solely for Bedroom practice.

Oh, and I should have clarified more... when I gig, I won't be using a Tiny Terror, I'll be using whatever amp is supplied there. I'll edit the first post.
日本語も英語もFluentlyしゃべれますよ
No, I'm not American
I'm buying a Tiny Terror soon. I've tried it with a Digitech Bad Monkey. That pedal is definitely worth more than you pay for it.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Gicci
I've only seen videos... but I'm assuming that I can't get those kind of sounds without raising the volume up. Am I wrong? I'll be using the TT solely for Bedroom practice.

Oh, and I should have clarified more... when I gig, I won't be using a Tiny Terror, I'll be using whatever amp is supplied there. I'll edit the first post.

Rarely are amps ever supplied. And if they are, they usually suck.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
^true that. plus the tiny terror will be GREAT for gigs unless you're playing a really pretty big venue and big venues usually stick mics in front of the amps so either way you're set.
I've got a Metal Muff and love it. It's really flexible and the knobs are really sensitive. It really eats batteries though.
ESP F-200 with Floyd Rose>

Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Electro Harmonix Pulsar Tremolo
BBE Boosta Grande
Fender Pedal Tuner>

Peavey Valveking 1x12