I'm hoping to get one soon, but I want some advice on which ones to get. I'm not rich, so therefore please suggest pedals that are relatively cheap.
Thanks.
Girls exist on UG.
Quote by esp1234
Metal muff is preety good $90 i think it is

+1

£55 is cheap for such a good pedal.

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
Quote by akack
Boss DS-1 is 39$ on musician's friend I think.

Cheers for that, would you rate that as a good pedal?
Girls exist on UG.
^ No. They're really trebly and thin sounding. No good for anything more than classic rock really. Keep in mind this is coming from someone who owns one.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
The Marshall Jackhammer is a really versatile pedal, for about the same price as the DS-1. I use mine as an overdrive in front of my amps overdriven channel to add a bit more gain and a slight boost for leads. But it can do hard-clipped distortion too. Sounds very marshall-y.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
^ What about an OS-2, then? Im looking for around 50 quid or under, so I really dont know

Edit: I like the look of that Marshall.
Girls exist on UG.
Last edited by sophieuk2007 at Mar 8, 2008,
Quote by jm11791
Digitech makes good Distortion pedals for cheap also

I'm preety sure the objective of this thread is to help this person. you're best bet is a marshall jackhammer or guvnor- at least for cheap. Boss and Digitech make garbage distortion/od pedals IMHO
Quote by Highwaytohell
I'm preety sure the objective of this thread is to help this person. you're best bet is a marshall jackhammer or guvnor- at least for cheap. Boss and Digitech make garbage distortion/od pedals IMHO

Thanks for that, i think I'll go with the jackhammer.
Girls exist on UG.
yeah its all personal preference, if you could get some audio samples or check some out at a store, its all up to you
what amp do you have??
if its tube, try a cheaper overdrive like boss sd-1 or digitech bad monkey
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!