I have this weird thing that i do in a couple solos. its tappng but im not really sure exactly what to call it. it sounds good only when played thru an amp usually cause then you only get the sound from the pickups- youll see what i mean if you try it:
--------------17-------
------------------------
---------15 -----------
-----------------17----
------------------------
------------------------

the 15 is tapped w/the middle finger of the left hand, the 1st 17 with the middle of the right hand, and the last note with the index of the right hand.
is there a name for this thing?
Quote by mr synyster g
I have this weird thing that i do in a couple solos. its tappng but im not really sure exactly what to call it. it sounds good only when played thru an amp usually cause then you only get the sound from the pickups- youll see what i mean if you try it:
--------------17-------
------------------------
---------15 -----------
-----------------17----
------------------------
------------------------

the 15 is tapped w/the middle finger of the left hand, the 1st 17 with the middle of the right hand, and the last note with the index of the right hand.
is there a name for this thing?

I've seen buckethead do something similar. Basically, it's tapping with two fingers on the right hand instead of one.
The notes could be anything. The notes does not determine a technique :p then every single lick ever would be a "technique"
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Quote by mr synyster g
so theres no specific name for it? not this particular lick, but the idea?

At a push you could call the 15 a hammer on from nowhere but is still tapping.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
yeah i guess so. its kinda of hard to expand on the idea, though, its hard to find licks that sound good in this style of tapping. this and one or two variations are the only ones ive got