I'm thinking about getting a '65 Fender Twin Reverb reissue, and I know they're super clean, so I was wondering if it would be alright to run pedals through it. I'm looking into getting a RAT2 or TurboRAT. Would running one of those pedals through a Twin Reverb be okay?

Also, which RAT would anyone recommend? I play indie rock, but I'm not really into fuzz. I like a crisp distortion that will cut through the mix.

Thanks for any help.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50
try the metal muff... even though it is meant for metal it is still very versatile...
Rat2 would be an excellent choice, and try the resistor mod as well (nothing big just removing one resistor, lowers the gain a bit and is said to improve the sound alot)

Edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmu2gR7IJ8
That's the modded Rat2, with the guy playing mostly indie on the guitar you own
Make cupcakes, not war

Member #27 of the Electroharmonix users guild
Quote by Random_Bassist
Rat2 would be an excellent choice, and try the resistor mod as well (nothing big just removing one resistor, lowers the gain a bit and is said to improve the sound alot)

Edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmu2gR7IJ8
That's the modded Rat2, with the guy playing mostly indie on the guitar you own

I guess I would be interested in a mod...but I like a lot of gain. I'm weird in the indie sense that way. So what do you mean it improves the sound?
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50
do not ****ing try the ****ing metal muff to play ****ing indie.
the proco rat2 is an excellent choice, sir, and would deliver some shockingly good tones through that amp.
Yeah...believe me...I disregarded the Metal Muff comment. No offense cedaguol.
i don't think the RAT fits the twin reverb too well so i'd say try a boss blues driver it's ****in awesome.

seriously...
Tried both with my twin didn,t care for either. I do like my Barber burn unit. Little pricey but You have two distortions. Check out the sound clips at Barber electronics.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
i have a rat 2. i'm a massive fan. goes from lightish overdrive tones to big noisiness. i would recommend, a lot. definitely better than anything by boss and more appropriate than a (horrifically overrated) metal muff.

furthermore, yes. twin reverbs etc take pedals very well.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.