Does anyone know what kind of bass Jay from Bullet For My Valentine plays?
Quote by SeveralSpecies
How the f*ck are you gonna get a cat to bark?

---------------------------5------8-----7-
----------------5-------------------------
------------------1-3-3-------/6----/5----
-1/3--1-1h3-------------------------------

Matt Freeman>You
Sandbergs are nice basses

having played a few myself thats what I think anyways

defo the next bass im gonna buy me thinks
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
the sandberg california JM bass is the most beautiful thing ive ever seen

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
I'm still wanna try a Sandberg. I saw a whole bunch of them in a shop in Austria during a tour. But it was literally for 2 minutes to get sticks for our drummer, because we had soundcheck in 10 minutes. A big shame. Really curious to hear how the PM pickup config works.
Sandbergs are very very nice basses. I'm considering either one of their California JM basses or a Lakland as my next bass. I didn't try the PM but the JM config sounded great!
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
I looked at them. The Bullet JM is sexy!!!
Quote by SeveralSpecies
How the f*ck are you gonna get a cat to bark?

---------------------------5------8-----7-
----------------5-------------------------
------------------1-3-3-------/6----/5----
-1/3--1-1h3-------------------------------

Matt Freeman>You
Some of those basses look amazing. PM config is like a dream of mine.
Last edited by Captain Insano at Mar 9, 2008,

those things are sooo nice
what finish is used on them? I love it!

EDIT: shame about the no inlays
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
They're just dark stains over the wood finishes they offer.
Quote by Bumper

Quote by smb
Having played a couple of Sandbergs I really don't like them and would never own one.

What was wrong with them? They sure look amazing, but you're not the first I've heard to complain about their playability..
It was just the fretwork and the weight of it - last time I played one I'd also tried an Ibanez SR and it felt like the difference between driving a sports car (the SR) and driving a truck.
one I played was super light

Basic 4 with J MM configuration, stained blue over the wood grain, god it was sooo hot....

ahem, yeah, thin neck, and fast as hell, and thin as hell body, perfectly contoured, and great tones, with an active/passive switch, and that p-u configuration, it was like a MusicMan with added growl ....yes I loved this bass, but didnt have the £1275 to buy it....one day

and personally Jonn0 I love the look of necks with no inlays

all opinion though
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
Quote by skippy_moogoose
one I played was super light

Basic 4 with J MM configuration, stained blue over the wood grain, god it was sooo hot....

ahem, yeah, thin neck, and fast as hell, and thin as hell body, perfectly contoured, and great tones, with an active/passive switch, and that p-u configuration, it was like a MusicMan with added growl ....yes I loved this bass, but didnt have the £1275 to buy it....one day

and personally Jonn0 I love the look of necks with no inlays

all opinion though

I make good use of inlays, It'd feel so weird not having them, and knowing me i'd mess up a lot without them
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
Quote by Jonn0
I make good use of inlays, It'd feel so weird not having them, and knowing me i'd mess up a lot without them

they still have markers along the side of the neck, so it's not that much different
Quote by the humanity
I've noticed the coils for the pick-ups seemed noticable bigger than normal. Is there a reason for that? Better tone or something?
Didn't Fender used to have single pole pieces for each string back in the 80's or 90's, and it didn't turn out too well?

Anyways, that Sandberg P-bass a few posts up is pretty much identical to the Fender Am-DLX P, just with a nicer finish.
Quote by Charlatan_001
Didn't Fender used to have single pole pieces for each string back in the 80's or 90's, and it didn't turn out too well?

Anyways, that Sandberg P-bass a few posts up is pretty much identical to the Fender Am-DLX P, just with a nicer finish.

I'm not sure about the polepiece thing but the Sadowskys are actually cheaper than the Am-DLX P basses!
Quote by Bumper

Sadowskys? Do you mean Sandbergs?

They may be cheaper for you Brits - I've never seen one here, and the only ones I've seen on eBay are more expensive than Fenders.
The California P (like Anfield posted up there) is £820ish on Thomann - cheaper even than the Fender American Std P