anyone got one? if not maybe some basic help.

My guitar was having really bad buzzing sound so i stupidly decided to celan up all the wiring and forgot to mark off where everything went.

I have 2 Humbuckers with a bare silver wire a red and a white wire for each

I have 1 volume and 1 tone for pots

3 way pick selector with 8 different leads on it.

how can i wire back my guitar so i can play

also going to need to know where to wire the output stuff too, everything but the short wires attached to the pots have been removed.

I guess i was figuring new wirring connections would fix things. haha
Quote by james4
http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=2h_1v_1t_3w
Ignore the red and white wires that are taped together, and there you go. I'd assume that the red wire is hot, and the white and bare should be grounded on your pickups.
That's very bad advice, james4.

I know you mean well, but the way you suggested he connect his pickups will put them each in parallel, with the 2 coils out of phase. That a horribly weak tinny sound.

Please, either research the guitar in question,
or if it's an Ibanez, just send him to the Ibanez site.

Quote by Mike_Pasara
how can i wire back my guitar so i can play

also going to need to know where to wire the output stuff too, everything but the short wires attached to the pots have been removed.
Here is a diagram of your wiring, from the Ibanez site.

Ignore the red wires.
Those are the series links for splitting the HBs. Your guitar doesn't use them.
Just make sure the ends of them aren't bare and making contact with anything.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I'm still getting really bad buzzing. I'm starting to think it's a ground. I have to touch something metal(my pedal or volume/tone) when i'm not playing to stop the buzzing. When i starting playing while touching something metal it gets super screechy and sounds awful. When I don't touch something metal it just makes a buzz sound and then my guitar sounds(the actual strumming) louder.

It's really making me mad so i'm thinking of getting new pickups and new pots and having someone install it in my guitar for me. So would these work in my guitar? Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB SH-2n Jazz. I hear they are realllllly good combo for my guitar, so i was told at the local guitar shop.

My question about those pick ups though... the JB's are active and the Jazz are passive. would that mean i have to convert everything to active or what? I don't know whats going on there. Someone help
Quote by Mike_Pasara
I'm still getting really bad buzzing. I'm starting to think it's a ground. I have to touch something metal(my pedal or volume/tone) when i'm not playing to stop the buzzing. When i starting playing while touching something metal it gets super screechy and sounds awful. When I don't touch something metal it just makes a buzz sound and then my guitar sounds(the actual strumming) louder.
It sounds like you might have the wires reversed on the output jack.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Quote by Mike_Pasara
My question about those pick ups though... the JB's are active and the Jazz are passive. would that mean i have to convert everything to active or what? I don't know whats going on there. Someone help

JB =/= Active.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
JB =/= Active.

come again? sorry i really don't understand.

if i put the jbs and jazz together i should be alright? anythgin special i need to worry about?