Hey all,

Weird question maybe... I love guitar and love playing. It's a hobbie of mine and I've been able to devote 1 hour a day for just over a year and I've been super happy with how far I've come. My problem is though that I've learned so many songs that I can't keep them all up. I mean I might not play one for a month and then go back and can only play it half-assed. I was thinking I'd just keep up the songs I REALLY like and play the others every now and then.

What do you all do? Do you even keep up the songs or do you learn them and move onto the next one and build your skills without looking back? I think I'm part OCD haha!
-Red 1990 Fender Strat with maple neck
-Cream colored Strat. GFS Premium II pickups.
-Line6 spider 210 and Fender Pinceton Chorus amps
-Zoom G2
i guess i do just learn songs and then move one without looking back. Every now and then I'll say ," oOOH Yeah! that song." and try and refigure it out. never takes too long. If u really NEED to remember all of the songs u know, you would have to go through them all for more thankan hour a day.
Well other then songs you need to know for a band, performance, a jam session, etc...I don't think you need to remember the songs you've learned. I'd say the most important part of learning songs is not retention but that each new song adds to your creativity and opens you up to all the possibilities.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
You guys make a good point, I don't really have to keep them up for any reason... I feel like I should. I do take away new techniques and creativity so that's not lost at all.

No matter what, I have to keep up 'lenny'
-Red 1990 Fender Strat with maple neck
-Cream colored Strat. GFS Premium II pickups.
-Line6 spider 210 and Fender Pinceton Chorus amps
-Zoom G2