hello im in the process of recording my music coursework right now but it sounds very bland im just playing rhythm guitar with a bit of lead behind it. i wanted to know if it against the edexcel music GCSE rules to make a backingtrack with bass, drums, violin etc in guitar pro and use that as my recording, im going to play the main guitar parts over it but if i do this guitar pro will be doing most of the work for me.

is this against the GCSE rules ?

thanks
Most likely, but will anyone find out?
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
is this for your composition or your performance? cos if its your composition, as long as you wrote the backing tracks then it should be fine. I'm not even recording mine, I'm just handing in the Sibelius file i composed it on.
HADOUKEN!! Click For UG's Street Fighter Group

Quote by synpet713192

I'd never seen you around until very recently, but this and the other pic have caused me to worship you
Quote by Jaysifer
is this for your composition or your performance? cos if its your composition, as long as you wrote the backing tracks then it should be fine. I'm not even recording mine, I'm just handing in the Sibelius file i composed it on.

yeah its for my composition.

i might just do the same thing as you
Quote by anarchy2012
yeah its for my composition.

i might just do the same thing as you

well i have a small orchestra in my piece so its virtually impossible to record seen as though i don't know any timpani players
HADOUKEN!! Click For UG's Street Fighter Group

Quote by synpet713192

I'd never seen you around until very recently, but this and the other pic have caused me to worship you
I'm pretty sure that if they found out you'd fail the composition segment of the course plus you would have to live with the guilt of cheating.
for shame...

wait are you composing the tracks or sampling them??
Quote by RudiVanDiSarzio
I'm pretty sure that if they found out you'd fail the composition segment of the course plus you would have to live with the guilt of cheating.
for shame...

Wait what? I don't follow.
Quote by Jaysifer
well i have a small orchestra in my piece so its virtually impossible to record seen as though i don't know any timpani players

*raises hand*
im a timpani player! ill do it
Quote by RudiVanDiSarzio
for shame...

ive composed the tracks in guitar pro and am planning to save them as a midi file, i may send that in as my composition as i think it only has to be written by you not necessarially performed and recorder on an instrument.
Nope, it's not.

Your allowed to do any of your compositions on any Seqencers as long as you can put the playback on a CD and give that in as well, because all they need to some idea of what your getting at and most people don't have seqencers, so they just record them.

I finished my 2 on Sibaleus 2 weeks ago.

It's a lot easier than rounding up the idiots in my class to play them :L
Quote by JFY
Nope, it's not.

Your allowed to do any of your compositions on any Seqencers as long as you can put the playback on a CD and give that in as well, because all they need to some idea of what your getting at and most people don't have seqencers, so they just record them.

I finished my 2 on Sibaleus 2 weeks ago.

It's a lot easier than rounding up the idiots in my class to play them :L

so technically i wouldnt have to play or record anything ?
yey hooray for lazyness
do you really need to cheat, music was one of the easiest exams for me.