the Grainger Hammer-Head 50 is all mine.
(its a clone of the Epiphone So-Cal amp for those who didn't know)
50 watts of valve driven be-au-ti-ful sounding tone.
i went from a marshall MG100 to this.
and i got it for just £200!!

i was thinking of selling the cab (which was free) and getting a smaller 212 cab.
what do you think?
portability is kinda an issue...
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
I've just caught on to these Sound Control amps and become pretty obsessed with them.
Not because they're cheap, but because everything else is suddenly very expensive...
thank Dave MC
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by kyle62
I've just caught on to these Sound Control amps and become pretty obsessed with them.
Not because they're cheap, but because everything else is suddenly very expensive...

yeah i was a little wary at first. but once i'd played it and the other marshall amps they had there, i was sold. besides, who can say no to a valve half stack for £200!?
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Quote by sirlimecat
thank Dave MC

whos that? and why?
Quote by david_highland

Quote by Grundy0
Quote by danielrobbyshor
i was thinking of selling the cab (which was free) and getting a smaller 212 cab.
what do you think?
portability is kinda an issue...

I think you could potentially upgrade the amp by getting a better quality 2x12. That's the move I'd make.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by Inspired_by_Vai
Nice one man!

CLIIPPPSSS

i may record some clips later, watch this space.
Quote by david_highland

Quote by Grundy0
nice one. looks sexy beautiful Ibanez S470 btw.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
I demand soundclips!

It looks brilliant mate, congratulations. Sexy Ibanez you got there as well.

Nice.
Yeah, maybe pawn off the cab, and upgrade it to a nicer 2x12.
Go avatar or vader or something.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by danielrobbyshor
whos that? and why?

He's win.

He's the guy who posted about the amps.

Looks really nice, what speakers are in the cab?
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by rhcp_freak
He's win.

He's the guy who posted about the amps.

Looks really nice, what speakers are in the cab?

i have no idea what speakers they are
i didn't get a manual with it
Quote by david_highland

Quote by Grundy0
just posted a sound clip on my UG profile
"new amp sound clip"
Quote by david_highland

Quote by Grundy0
Quote by darkarbiter7
Nice.
Yeah, maybe pawn off the cab, and upgrade it to a nicer 2x12.
Go avatar or vader or something.

Or he could just keep his 412 and swap the speakers...

Oh, wait - size, nevermind .
Quote by sirlimecat
thank Dave MC

it's possible he didn't even see my thread, lol.

Nice score- i heard about these going so cheap on the bareknuckle forums, and made a post here about them. I can't see how you can go wrong for £200. I was pleasantly surprised by the one i tried, and that's when they were £400 for the halfstack.

you could maybe get a framus 2x12 with v30s for £200? not sure how v30s would sound with it, though, maybe a little modern. depends on the tone you're after, I guess.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
it's possible he didn't even see my thread, lol.

Nice score- i heard about these going so cheap on the bareknuckle forums, and made a post here about them. I can't see how you can go wrong for £200. I was pleasantly surprised by the one i tried, and that's when they were £400 for the halfstack.

you could maybe get a framus 2x12 with v30s for £200? not sure how v30s would sound with it, though, maybe a little modern. depends on the tone you're after, I guess.

that framus cab sounds like exactly what i'm looking for.
where can i find them?
Quote by david_highland

Quote by Grundy0
My christ, those are NICE soundclips.

Many many congratulations, mate.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
My god, those clips are beautiful.

Congrats man.
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
Quote by MrCarrot
My christ, those are NICE soundclips.

Many many congratulations, mate.

thanks.

i've been playing round with it with some od pedals i have lying around and i've got a nice smooth andy timmons dirty/clean sound out of it.
(think electric gypsy, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiW22O914Cg - if you dont know what i'm talking about)

....the reverb on this thing just amazing
Quote by david_highland

Quote by Grundy0
Quote by danielrobbyshor
that framus cab sounds like exactly what i'm looking for.
where can i find them?

thomann's probably easiest, considering it'd have free delivery.

might be worth looking into how much marshall and matamp etc. cabs are too. but i suspect the framus will be cheapest.

EDIT: nice clip by the way.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Mar 8, 2008,
hey, that does sound very nice man! Congrats, that amp sounds like a score for the cash.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Dave_Mc
thomann's probably easiest, considering it'd have free delivery.

might be worth looking into how much marshall and matamp etc. cabs are too. but i suspect the framus will be cheapest.

EDIT: nice clip by the way.

i found this cab
its the cheapest one on thomann what do you think?
Quote by david_highland

Quote by Grundy0
Sounds surprisingly good for a cheap tube amp (They were selling the half stacks new on MF for $500 before they got discontinued)
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by danielrobbyshor
i found this cab

I think it's probably a piece of crap. A budget box with anonymous speakers can't be a good thing. At a minimum, you should go for the H-B Vintage with the V30's. And if you step up to the Framus, I think you'll actually be upgrading your amp.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
i ordered mine yesterday... cant believe its only for £200!

how much do u think the cab will go for?
Quote by danielrobbyshor
i found this cab

i'm not certain that'd be an upgrade. from what i remember, that hammerhead cab was decent. there's not much point in "upgrading" to something which might be worse.

I'd go with the framus as a minimum, to be honest. i haven't tried the framus, but they're generally known as a decent brand.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hasn't the cab got eminence designed speakers? Theyre probably not THAT bad, and so that Harley Benton cab wouldn't be an upgrade hardly (if at all). The Framus is probably the best, cheap-ish cab you'll find
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
yeah, i thought those lady luck speakers were alright. not heritage celestion standard, obviously, but not bad. as you say, no point in downgrading.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah, of course. but assuming that 4x12 can be sold on for very little less than the cost of the framus, it doesn't make much sense to buy a worse 2x12 than the 4x12...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
damn. i'm tempted to get one of these and then just chuck it on ebay if i don't like it. any idea on what their returns policy is? i can't help but feel i'd still turn a profit... but i only have about 40 minutes to decide. eek.

to those who have one/have tried one, what do you think? i like mid range, i'm mostly concerned about having a good clean channel that has a bit of dirt to it and lots of mid range goodness, or having a dirty, crunchy channel that i can dial the gain down on to being on that verge between super clean and slight crunch. i'm happy to stick with my rat for dirt. would you recommend this to me?
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Last edited by Gurgle!Argh! at Mar 9, 2008,