Poll: Schecter C-1 Classic - Good buy or not?
Poll Options
View poll results: Schecter C-1 Classic - Good buy or not?
Great Guitar!
9 75%
It's alright i guess...
1 8%
There's better for the price.
2 17%
Voters: 12.
I havent had a chance to play one yet, but from what ive read about them they sound like a pretty decent setup. I hoping to use one for classic rock to blues, and im looking to get a decent LP kind of tone, with a bit of a better quality then Epiphones. Current gear in sig.

One thing i've read is that the Bridge pup (JB) is either a love it or hate it pickup. Whats your opinions on its sound.

How does the neck compare to something like a Strat or Tele, which are the only guitars ive owned so far. Ive always found the neck on a LP to be a bit bulky, and I'm wondering if the Schecter is any different?

Any other suggestions for around the same price ($750)?

Thanks,

Hawk
I think it'd be a great buy. I spent some time with a Classic recently, and it got a number of different tones. The JB is a fairly hot pickup, but not overly so - it and the neck (Jazz, I think?) complements it well. The thick mahogany body will give you a LP-esque sustain and tone, and overall, the guitar should be great for what you need. It was built with versatility in mind.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by DrNick
I think it'd be a great buy. I spent some time with a Classic recently, and it got a number of different tones. The JB is a fairly hot pickup, but not overly so - it and the neck (Jazz, I think?) complements it well. The thick mahogany body will give you a LP-esque sustain and tone, and overall, the guitar should be great for what you need. It was built with versatility in mind.

yes its a SH-2N Jazz in the neck.

Im also wondering about the neck. I know its a 25.5 scale, same as a strat, but how does the radius feel in comparison to a fender?

Links just for the hell of it

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Classic-Electric-Guitar?sku=513072

http://www.schecterguitars.com/spec.asp?id=4
It's an awesome guitar. I own it. Sounds amazing, plays amazing. The neck is kind of thick, about Gibson/Epiphone size, maybe a bit thinner. I got used to it though; the only guitar I owned before it was a Squier Strat. You really can't get anything better for the price.