I'm planning on buying a new guitar in the next few months but im not sure what to get, at the moment i have an ibanez sa160 but it kind of buzzes a lot.

I've got about £300 pounds, I want to play ac/dc, metallica type stuff aswell as blues. I'm only about 5 ft and have really tiny hands ( abou 6 inches from bottom of palm to end of index finger) so I dont really want a heavy guitar.

I'm willing to buy used aswell, and I might be going to america over the summer so I could get my guitar there too.
You could get any mid range guitar with 300gbp which comes out to roughly $600 USD.

Maybe an Ibanez S470 or sorts?
Hmm with 250 odd quid you could get yourself an epihone sg which is as close to ac/dc as 300 quid will get you. Normally i would never advocate epiphone usage but if you cant get the gibson then go for the epi. I wouldn't suggest getting a second hand guitar unless youve had it in your hands and played it and know its ok. Be careful and spend wisely!
try some SG style guitars. The scale length is a little smaller than your Ibanez. Check out ESP viper guitars.
Get a schecter, really good value for money.

I'm getting a C-1 hell raiser, so I suggest that.

If not, Washburn and Epiphone are really good value, so one of those.
I looked at the g400 and it comes in at under £200, but I read that it has quite a thick neck and I don't really know how that affects playability if you have small hands.

If someone could explain the differences between having thin and thick necks that would be really useful.
so you have about 600 USD, and want an HH guitar good for classic rock, metal, and blues with a slim neck? I'd say a schecter C-1 plus, or if you want a trem, the C-1 FR, but the latter has actives, and I'm not sure you want those for a mostly solid state amp. It's a very hard choice.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I don't know if this makes any difference but I'd prefer a more traditional looking guitar than the schecter
well now you've made it impossible.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Mar 8, 2008,
Quote by sharene
really

well... nearly. you could still get an Ibanez, they have super-thin necks, but beware of crappy trems. also, I've heard the necks are very wide too.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
ok, I think they make fixed bridge models.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
I mite go and try an epi sg g400. see how the neck is,

my boyfriend said maybe i should try olp petrucci model. What do people think about these?
Last edited by sharene at Mar 8, 2008,