Page 1 of 2
i prefer to solo with emotion, kind of how john frusciante of red hot chili peppers does.
occasionally i shred, yet i never use lots of effects
My Gear:
Squier Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider III 75w
Line 6 FBV Express

Wanted Gear:
Gibson Les Paul
Gibson ES335
Marshall JVM410H
Marshall JCM800
Dunlop Crybaby
my solos always go into a fast paced blusey direction, not always intended, but hey its fun
ignore this one i messed up there is supposed to be a poll
My Gear:
Squier Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider III 75w
Line 6 FBV Express

Wanted Gear:
Gibson Les Paul
Gibson ES335
Marshall JVM410H
Marshall JCM800
Dunlop Crybaby
combine Slash, Angus Young, Eddie Van Halen and David Gilmour and... Tadaaaah... you get my solo style.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by cj10schmelzer
i prefer to solo with emotion, kind of how john frusciante of red hot chili peppers does.
occasionally i shred, yet i never use lots of effects

I'm sorry, but that is the dumbest thing I've read all day.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Like Kirk Hammet and Micheal Ammot's bastard child, who was adopted by Dave Murray and Adrian Smith.
Matt Heafy + Alexi Laiho
=
danaananannaanananaana
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
i just go along with the melody... sometimes together with the vocal, sometimes not .. i think it's great =)
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
still two threads?
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
I've only written one solo, which switches between fast and a little slower. I even made a pause in a whole beat of the comp just to make a cool effect in the solo. I suck at metal improvisation, then I just go for fast tremolo picking.

When I play slower songs, I go for the David Gilmour-type of solo (IE: Not filling every second of silence with 1000 notes).

In summation, I play with taste.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Quote by Chikitty_China
With my penis.

I solo with his penis aswell.
We can only guffaw at all the humbug we are told about martyrs.
Quote by Xiaoxi

+1
Maybe not THE dumbest thing in the pit, but pretty close.

I suck at improvising and can't be bothered to write my own solos. So I just stick to whatever I can copy from Queen.
Buckethead+Alexi Laiho
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
Usually with a bit of modulation effects.Kinda like johnny greenwood or benjmin curtis.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
tapping and bending!!!
Quote by SeveralSpecies
How the f*ck are you gonna get a cat to bark?

---------------------------5------8-----7-
----------------5-------------------------
------------------1-3-3-------/6----/5----
-1/3--1-1h3-------------------------------

Matt Freeman>You
wait so if you play fast and not blues you have no emotion? Grow up and listen to some rusty cooley or buckethead
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Well I prefer emotion. You know. Like thet Yngwie has in Arpeggios from Hell....
Minor scales and quite alot of sweep picking.

Some major aswell.

Kinda like mendeed
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
i always do metallica esque or sabbath type solos
always shred...with the same blues scales
Playing slow doesn't mean you're playing with "emotion". Just like playing fast doesn't mean you aren't playing with "emotion".
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GNjOFmUbSDQ
Kinda like that, but thats old. So its kinda like that, with more harmonic minor elements, and a few more sweeps, but not excessive. I also have a huge blues influence. Kinda like if you took Suicmez, Akerfeldt, and Robert Cray and threw it into a blender.
Virtually all pinched harmonics played at 200 beats per SECOND! with some tapping thrown in for good measure
I use the pentatonic scale. I don't stick to the 4 fret scale, I use the entire fretboard with it.

So, my solos are straight from the mind, and not from the mind at all. Mainly I have ascending and descending patterns of notes. I mix that in with a bit of tricks. It all goes moderately fast. It really sounds bluesy.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Quote by Xiaoxi

+1
I like Chris Poland's style. He attacks the fretboard with reckless abandon, and plays fast, but it still sounds good and musical.

I also like Paul Gilbert and Marty Friedman... but I'm nowhere near as good as them yet.
Page 1 of 2