Ok, so I've had a squier for over a year now, and I got a new amp for christmas, so I think it's about time I got a new guitar as well. Now I'm kind of torn between what I should get so I'd like to hear some opinions. One guitar that caught my eye: a Starfire double-neck, not sure of the brand or anything but it was going for about 700 dollars at my local guitar shop and it's been there for a while so the price just dropped to about 570 dollars. I don't really know much about the company "Starfire" or how good there guitars are, so any knowledge or opinions of their guitars would help. If I don't get this, then I'll probably save up around 1000 dollars and go to L&M and look for a decent Ibanez or something along those lines. So what do you think I should do/get?

All help is appreciated

Thanks.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
what kind of music do you play?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
get a real strat or lp or something.. and yeah it depends on the genre
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Quote by oneblackened
what kind of music do you play?

Generally all kinds, ranging from classic rock to metallica to more heavy metal kinds of things, but mostly the rock/metal kind of stuff. Basically if I like how something sounds, I'll learn it, and I like ALOT of different kinds of music. RUSH is probably the base to most of what I play so like a good solid rock type of sound.

EDIT: My band's been thinking of playing some Bon Jovi or similar stuff, so that's one reason why I'm considering the double-neck, not to mention that I love the sound of a 12 string.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
Last edited by kyle100 at Mar 8, 2008,
Kramer Nightswan or anything Gibson.

I dono about the dobble neck I only use one

But you might wana check out the Epiphone Dobble neck

EDITED: I can't bleave I gave advice to a Maple Leaf fan. You guys are lucky you got Domi
Last edited by strings-N-stuff at Mar 8, 2008,
I was gonna say look @ the epi g-1275, their doubleneck. just beware doublenecks are super heavy. I'd say anything HH is good, as long as it's over $300-400.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.