WOW I just got back from this GC in Charlotte, (about an hour drive) and they had a ENGL Fireball, i was like "I FINALLY GET TO PLAY ONE". WOW is all i can say. It really is "TEH BR00TELZ". I REALLY like the ENGL but i did just get a Krank Rev, which im pretty happy with, but the ENGL blows it away for the price. I could trade in my krank (which is PERFECT shape, i got it used tho but i said its new ) and he'd give me the Fireball.

But my question is - Is the Powerball worth it ? ( i would have to buy from Ebay since they dont carry ENGL's anymore) I'm going to buy the Firebal new and if its worth it the Powerbal used. I have $1250 sitting on the table for my Krank and im pretty sure ill take it. (since i only paid $1000 for it.) And i dont really want to go to far over $1250 area, since i really can't be spending money faster then i bring it in but the ENGL is worth it.

So should i save up for a while and get a Powerball, or just get the Fireball? ( i could of just typed that and saved some time but oh well.)

I'd go for the Fireball. It's got a little more "oomph" and is a little more diverse. The store where I work is a dealer in Engls, and I've tried both. I love either one, but if he told me to pick one I'd say the Fireball for sure.

But man, aren't they just INCREDIBLE??? They actually sound three dimensional, if that makes any sense.
If you loved the Fireball get it man. Especially if you are gaining money off your Krank. The Powerball is supposed to be better so if you can stretch it, it might be worth it. But you could always use the extra money from the Fireball to get like tubes or pedals or whatever.
Get the Fireball.
I got to play some amps a couple days ago. I wanted to start saving for the ENGL, but truth be told I don't feel like saving twice as much as I want to for the B-52.
Long story short.
Powerball is still good, but if you can get the Fireball. GET IT.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Trade in your krank for the fireball. If you like it more, no reason why you should not have the best tone you want (and if it doesn't cost any extra than you have epic win!)
Do it, you make profit
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
^^ my band mate has a fireball and its da shizz
Guitars:
LTD MHNT250 (Bare Knuckle Warpig in Bridge)
AMP/Cab:
Peavey 6505
Marshall 1960A Cab
Rack:
Korg DTR-1000 Rack Tuner
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
DBX 266 XL Compressor
Check out my band!:
Revenance
Quote by fretboarddragon
I'd go for the Fireball. It's got a little more "oomph" and is a little more diverse. The store where I work is a dealer in Engls, and I've tried both. I love either one, but if he told me to pick one I'd say the Fireball for sure.

But man, aren't they just INCREDIBLE??? They actually sound three dimensional, if that makes any sense.

the fireball is more diverse? o_O

i'd say go with the fireball if you only need cleans and modern death metal distortion (with nothing really in-between).

go powerball if you need a bit more versatility, and more of a power metal sound than dark, compressed melodeath.

Of course, if versatility is the name of the game, the blackmore/savage/invader/se would be worth a look instead of the powerball.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I think the Fireball might be perfect since i play Cleans and Metal..and nothing really in between..
It is versatile. If you want to play Classic rock, then you turn the gain down simple.

I had a very similar experience to you. I played a Krank JR, loved it, considered it but was put off by the appearance (shallow I know).

I went over the road and played a Fireball. Loved it even more. Such a nice chunky sound.

I just won one on Ebay £650 + footswitch and picking it up tomorrow. Can't wait but the cab doesn't arrive til next week so all I can do is stare at it!
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - New X-men Theme Vid
Quote by jimmy666page666
WOW I just got back from this GC in Charlotte, (about an hour drive) and they had a ENGL Fireball, i was like "I FINALLY GET TO PLAY ONE". WOW is all i can say. It really is "TEH BR00TELZ". I REALLY like the ENGL but i did just get a Krank Rev, which im pretty happy with, but the ENGL blows it away for the price. I could trade in my krank (which is PERFECT shape, i got it used tho but i said its new ) and he'd give me the Fireball.

But my question is - Is the Powerball worth it ? ( i would have to buy from Ebay since they dont carry ENGL's anymore) I'm going to buy the Firebal new and if its worth it the Powerbal used. I have $1250 sitting on the table for my Krank and im pretty sure ill take it. (since i only paid $1000 for it.) And i dont really want to go to far over $1250 area, since i really can't be spending money faster then i bring it in but the ENGL is worth it.

So should i save up for a while and get a Powerball, or just get the Fireball? ( i could of just typed that and saved some time but oh well.)

go for it man, I don't think you will get more than $1250 for the Rev1 on the used market unless it's got custom options. Making money, and finding an amp that sings to you, equals win win.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by jimmy666page666

The GC in Charlotte has an ENGL? You bastard, it wasn't there when I was there a week ago...

Where do you live?
Quote by jimmy666page666
I think the Fireball might be perfect since i play Cleans and Metal..and nothing really in between..

aye, go for it then. if anything you're making money on the deal, so it seems like a pretty simple choice when you liked it that much.

Quote by Chex
It is versatile. If you want to play Classic rock, then you turn the gain down simple.

it doesn't really have the voicing for it on the distortion channel, IMO... there's more to it than just turning down the gain. maybe a boost pedal through the clean channel might work well, though.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
go for the fireball.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10