does they type of fabroc used as a grille cloth matter to the sound or would the difference between actual grille cloth and an everyday lightweight fabric be minimal.

The reason i ask is im modding my amp and have started reupholstering the cabinet. im using a really nice brown vinyl but i cant find any grille cloths that would look nice with it. the choice are much greater if i can used a fabric instead, but i really dont want to sacrifice sound too much just for looks.

thanks
Quote by sethne
does they type of fabroc used as a grille cloth matter to the sound or would the difference between actual grille cloth and an everyday lightweight fabric be minimal.

The reason i ask is im modding my amp and have started reupholstering the cabinet. im using a really nice brown vinyl but i cant find any grille cloths that would look nice with it. the choice are much greater if i can used a fabric instead, but i really dont want to sacrifice sound too much just for looks.

thanks
Grille cloth has an "open weave".
This allows air to pass through it easily.

You might be able to find a suitable open weave cloth in a fabric store.
If not, use grille cloth.
A closed weave cloth will vibrate as the air from the speaker tries
(unsuccessfully) to pass through it.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
you can get grille cloth in maplin
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
i was also wondering what everyone though making my oben back a closed back and then stapling some polyfil to the insides. ive done the polyfil before on bass amp but never a guitar amp, how do you think it will affect the sound?