I need help.
Everytime I try to play a fast song, I always either skip notes, or like I cant pick fast enough. It feels like my pick gets caught up on the string and wont let me pick
Quote by Shocker535
I need help.
Everytime I try to play a fast song, I always either skip notes, or like I cant pick fast enough. It feels like my pick gets caught up on the string and wont let me pick

Firstly: slow down; you're trying to play faster than you're currently capable of.

Secondly: learn what you're trying to play at a slow speed and once you know it well enough to play it without thinking about it too much then start to speed it up with a metronome. That's the best way to practice for speed.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Hi,

I've often read and heard to start slowly. Especially to get speedy fingers, warmup licks/riffs should be very helpfull.
My question now is: can those warmup licks/riffs be practiced beside reading a book or watching tv? Or is it necessary to have a close concentration to the fingers and right hand?

Thx, Trridy
Just go trough stuff like these http://www.shredaholic.com/chromatic.html with a metronome!! This has helped me alot, i have noticed that i alternate pick much smoother and manage to play faster riffs just after 2 months of practicing with a metronome, i wish someone told me how good and helpful metronomes was when i started to play guitar.
Quote by Trridy
Hi,

I've often read and heard to start slowly. Especially to get speedy fingers, warmup licks/riffs should be very helpfull.
My question now is: can those warmup licks/riffs be practiced beside reading a book or watching tv? Or is it necessary to have a close concentration to the fingers and right hand?

Thx, Trridy

For the most part you should concentrate on what you're doing so you don't move more than you have to; that's one of the secrets of speed: your movements should become smaller not just faster.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.