Simple answer. No.

You could get a pretty good tube combo for that price.
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ
That sucks. Get either a tube combo, or nothing at all.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by polaroidvision
Simple answer. No.

You could get a pretty good tube combo for that price.

Exactly, thats the firs thing everyone says heh
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
From what I've heard, the cleans are bland and the overdrive is terrible even on the Fender scale (and with this I mean the overdrive channels of Fenders - the overdriven clean channel tone is good on tube Fenders).
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
My friend has one, and he plays in a pop/punk/emo band. Says a lot really...

The cleans are OK and the gain is fairly alright. It not nearly heavy enough for metal or anything like that, but if you're playing what I mentioned, you'll be OK.

...But get a tube combo.
Yeah the Fender Frontmans aren't the greatest amps.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by I-Watch-Anime
Hey, what do you all think of this stack? Its going for about 650 at my local store, i'm wondering if i should save for it.

Cab:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-FM-412-4x12-100-Watt-4Ohm-Cabinet?sku=601726

Head:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-FM-100H-Guitar-Amp-Head?sku=483716

If you like it then go for it. Tube amps are undoubtedly better sounding... no argument, but people are to hung up on what sounds "good" and having good "tone." If it sounds good to you then get it. You really have to have a little experience playing to appreciate a tube powered amp anyway IMO.
Quote by protech487
If you like it then go for it. Tube amps are undoubtedly better sounding... no argument, but people are to hung up on what sounds "good" and having good "tone." If it sounds good to you then get it. You really have to have a little experience playing to appreciate a tube powered amp anyway IMO.

The difference about tone when you don't have the ear to appreciate better tone too well, is in time. You'll ear will develop over time. If you get a bad amp, you will start to dislike it sooner or later. If you get a good amp, you won't dislike it (or atleast not so soon).
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.