im in the process of building a mustang, and every time i go on ebay to look for parts, and i find something i like for a fairly low price, i see this on the bid history.

are there really this many people with the same username style? or is it some kind of scam to make me pay more?
it probably is a scam

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
They probably have a reserve set. Until the it is met it automatically bids.
Quote by killbox2490
HOLY S**T! There is a switch hahahahahha. Thanks Red Wing. Now you're probably going to quote me for being so retarded

CLAPTON IS GOD
When bidding reaches a certain amount (maybe over...$200?) ebay automatically hides bidder's names. It's a safety precaution. They just put in those asterisks. You'll notice if you go into any high-bidding auction all the names look like that.
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
scam, which dickhead would overbid himself? its probably a friend of the auctioneer(sp?) that gets his prices up...
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

I'm a seller/buyer on ebay, and do a lot of buisness with it. That is normal. What happens is, when you place your maximum bid lets say of $50. It will will only say one bid, and will be at the starting price of lets say $1. Someone else will try and bid 10$, but your maximum is $50, so it actually places the bid automatically, causing the price to go up to somewhere around $12. This will continue to happen. Completely normal, it is not a scam, it is how ebay works. I have been using it for years.
Last edited by freshtunes at Mar 8, 2008,
It's no scam, the guy set a certain amount he would bid to. The computer will automatically outbid a person for him until a certain point that he sets.
Time Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year
Quote by carlyroxmysox
It's no scam, the guy set a certain amount he would bid to. The computer will automatically outbid a person for him until a certain point that he sets.

right there's no other bidders there... with that e***1 guy... so the pc is outbidding himself?
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

Quote by carlyroxmysox

Exactly. No scam.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Trust me on this one, I use ebay quite a bit. The identities are hidden. Also, the monetary value slowly increasing is y***l trying to outbid e***1. y***l put in a bid for $30, and was automatically outbid by e***1 because e***1 had placed his maximum bid at like $99. y***l keeps bidding, 45, then 50, then 54, then 75, trying to outbid e***1, but every time he entered in an amount he was automtically outbid by e***1, which is why his name is on there and not y***l's. y***l finally succeeded when he bid $100, so now he's the highest bidder. He just wanted to see how little he could bid to outbid e***1, and he bid like 10 times to finally get enough to outbid him.

Sounds confusing, especially, with all the asterisks, but trust me, it y***l had just bid at $100 to begin with, none of those would be in there.
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
It's not a scam. Ebay hides your username now so only the seller can see who is bidding.

As for the "outbidding himself", Ebay bids up to your max automatically. Other people are bidding, it just doesn't show them because they never won the high bid.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
Quote by lexaah
scam, which dickhead would overbid himself? its probably a friend of the auctioneer(sp?) that gets his prices up...

You really don't get the concept of ebay do you?
Quote by redwing91007
They probably have a reserve set. Until the it is met it automatically bids.

+1 He's right.
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
Quote by lexaah
right there's no other bidders there... with that e***1 guy... so the pc is outbidding himself?

No. See like let's say I set a max bid of $50 on something. The auction starting price is 25$. So my first bid is $25. Then you come along and want to bid. So you bid 27$. But since my max bid is $50 then it will just show me placing a bid of $28 not your $27.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
This thread is full of fail.

Everyone who said it isn't a scam is right. It's the automatic bidding. It's a great tool meaning you can bid even when you aren't there coz it does it for you.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau