so..

as some of you guys know i been looking a tube amp, infact i posted it here this morning before i went to Sam Ash everything 20% off day.

and i was looking for you know a ValveKing 112 or Windsor Studio

As i made my way to the amps section with the 443 dollars in my pocket. i found a Peavey Classsic 30 Black floor model extremely new, i mean the sticker in the classic 30 plate was still there, you can tell they put it there just 2 or 3 days a go.

so i asked the employee, and at first he didnt take me seriously you know, just another stupid teenager trying out amps in sam ash. and he was like yeah let me ask my manager the exact prize.

he tells me 567 USD for the floor model.... i wasnt surprise..but i quickly remember that in the catalog i had received this week it said all Classsic 30's Floor MOdels were 400 USD,so i run to the front of the store and take one of the catalogs of the pile that rest in a desk, i have my friend hold down the fort for me,there was no way i was going let this new classic 30 stay alone.

so the guy comes backs and tells us that he can give it to us for 460 and i acquily thank him, and later show him ht ecatalog he seems confused and he said wait a minute.

a minute later he says yes... a bit angry and says that the amp is 400 USD but there was no way i was stopping here, i quickly ask him if the 20% apply to the amp he says "...i dont know , probably not, let check with my manager.."

he comes back and says yes.

I bought a new black Peavey Classic 30, with the manual for 339 USD

God is real.
haha, just good you haggled
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
w00t congratz. That samash sounds like my samash the one near miami by the way the guy acted.
Nice one man
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Jesus, that's so so ridiculosuly cheap. Congrats.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Sweet man, congrats.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
sweet. that's a great price.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
awesome
i acquired my first valve amp today too!
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Good job.
They're beautiful amps. I own the 50.
Crank the clean channel, and you realize that God is not only real, but he lives in your amp!
Well, not really, but it does sound freakin good.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
That was my first thought when I cranked my clean channel lol.
If it doesn't have good tubes, i'd get some upgraded tubes in it, then it'll become much better.
Too bad it wasn't in tweed though. But, the black is pretty elegant too.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
yeah i know black tweed, is not as stylish but for my first tube amp i think its not to shavy

my friend was telling me i should buy a new speaker and replace the blue marvel should i?
Probably not a bad idea, since the Peavey stock speakers are often pretty bad.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Axis777
yeah i know black tweed, is not as stylish but for my first tube amp i think its not to shavy

my friend was telling me i should buy a new speaker and replace the blue marvel should i?

I would change the tubes, but thats all up to you.

and if u are changing the speaker, get a celestion vintage 30 guitar speaker

ive heard great things about it
I'd change the tubes, but i've heard that the brand new peavey classics have good tubes in them already. The speaker will do for a while, but i'd go for something else once you want to.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
the power tubes are JJ EL-84's, they sound pretty sick to me, but then again i know nothing about tubes, are JJ's good?
Quote by Axis777
the power tubes are JJ EL-84's, they sound pretty sick to me, but then again i know nothing about tubes, are JJ's good?

HELLLLS YES!!!

it came with those on when you bought??
I would't worry about changing anything for a while. The blue marvels break in nicely. And those are good tubes.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
JJ's are the best EL84's you can get without paying an arm and leg.
Although they're not the best, JJ preamp tubes are still pretty cool, and better than stock.
So, I guess your only step now is to change the speaker eventually. And I think the stock speaker is fine (it's alot better than the valveking speakers)
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Well, it's only one speaker to replace, so you can spend alot on one.
Sadly, I have four ten inch speakers to replace.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by esp1234
w00t congratz. That samash sounds like my samash the one near miami by the way the guy acted.

the one in miami lakes?
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
I was thinking about getting a Classic 30 with my Gibson Les Paul, but now I know I'll get one with it for sure.
schecter it's ridicolous !!!!
amazing tone!
and really loud
i hadnt gone past 5 in the clean channel before my dad started yelling to turn that crap down.
the volume control goes to 12
Last edited by Axis777 at Mar 8, 2008,
Quote by guitar_infidel
the one in miami lakes?

yea, dolphin mall one
Im only mad I paid $20 more for mine used... $350 for the old (but identical features wise) C30...

I love the thing to pieces though, with my pedals, theres nothing it cant handle...
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
I think the older ones (the ones with the fendery logo instead of the big honkin round one) are sexier than the new ones. Oh well, they're all the same tonally, so no big deal. Unless you're Eric Johnson, where the size of the logo effects your tone.
I paid 500 USD for my classic 50 used.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by Axis777
schecter it's ridicolous !!!!
amazing tone!
and really loud
i hadnt gone past 5 in the clean channel before my dad started yelling to turn that crap down.
the volume control goes to 12

Lol, congrats.

and welcome to the cult.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by darkarbiter7
I think the older ones (the ones with the fendery logo instead of the big honkin round one) are sexier than the new ones. Oh well, they're all the same tonally, so no big deal. Unless you're Eric Johnson, where the size of the logo effects your tone.
I paid 500 USD for my classic 50 used.

yeah... that does make me mad... the size of the logo negatively affects my tone a lot...
I'd sound SOOOOO much better if it wasnt there.

I think I'll take it off...

lol just kidding.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
My 50 will seriously shake the house.
That's why i'm getting an attenuator. Power tube overdrive is nearly impossible in conventional ways (atleast for the 50 watt). And, It'd be nice for recording because the one i'm gonna buy (the weber MASS) has a line out for recording.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator