i am going to sell my old starter guitar and amp for maybe 175, and maybe my vox AD15VT, to get enough money for the peavey valveking 112. i just have one question...would this amp (peavey) sound good with a line 6 pocket pod running in it, since its a tube amp? or would it sound all digital like? replies appreciated =)
and no i dont want any other pods because the pocket pod suits my needs...and yes i want to get the pocket pod but i dont have it yet.
MY GEAR!
Fender Starcaster
Epiphone SG Custom Shop LE
Vox AD15VT
Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby from Hell

Kirk Hammett = my half filipino metal idol :P
It would sound a lot better without it.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Looks like you're a multifx fan =)

When you upgrade to tube, you either have to get a really good multifx (Boss GT-8) or stick to individual pedals. The POD uses amp modeling which will sound really bad over a tube preamp.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
pocket pd sounds like crap unless you are runnign though a PA of sorts

i have a valveking stack and individual pedals are much better through an effects loops

and pods take your tone to crap through a real amp
I'm glad I read this thread.

Could someone please also explain the key differences between a VK112 and a VK212?
Quote by Chazasul
I'm glad I read this thread.

Could someone please also explain the key differences between a VK112 and a VK212?

Mainly it's the wattage and the extra speaker. Also you get a full knob instead of a switch for something (resonance maybe? Something like that, nothing too important). Basically, the 112 will do just fine for pretty much anything (it's loud enough), easier to carry and if you want to change the speaker(s), it'll be cheaper.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
so what you guys are basically saying is that i have to get a better effects module like the boss modules to keep the tone the valveking gives?
MY GEAR!
Fender Starcaster
Epiphone SG Custom Shop LE
Vox AD15VT
Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby from Hell

Kirk Hammett = my half filipino metal idol :P
Quote by ineedrock1204
so what you guys are basically saying is that i have to get a better effects module like the boss modules to keep the tone the valveking gives?

If you absolutely need multifx (which you probably dont) then you have to get a good one, like a Boss GT-8.

I would just stick with individual pedals, the overall quality/ease of use is a lot better.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted