I've been playing guitar for about 3 years now, and i'm pretty decent with a small amount of theory to back me up. One probelm has been constantly bothering me, and thats my sound. I have a Zoom G1 Effects pedal, but its going whack these days. I'm looking for a couple of pedals to help me get a simple yet sophisticated distortion, and a crisp, clear sound for cleans. I've been looking all over and the only thing that really catches my Intrest is the Boss Compression sustainer. I play mostly blues, rock, metal, and very little funk.
SG Commando #8, PM YOUNGBLOOD to join
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-6
Waiting On Vox VT15 or VT30
he s on about effects
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
How about an amp?
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
i used to have a zoom multi effects pedal but then realized it sucks the tone out of everything...personally i find it better to compile a pedal board overtime...and btw, as far as distortion, a boss DS-1 Distortion is all you need
Come to think of it i beleive that my amp is the problem. I got my Epi SG-310 equipped with a lovely set of EMG's and my amp sadly is a one of those traynor 15 w. Is that the problem that i'm facing.
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-6
Sounds like it is your amp indeed.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
EMGs don't really help much either, unless you're only gonna play metal, but you're gonna play more than that.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
It's most definetely your amp. And maybe the fact that you're using EMG's with a SS amp.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by rhcp_freak
EMGs don't really help much either, unless you're only gonna play metal, but you're gonna play more than that.

I got them because of the cleans, I really like the sound that comes out from them, but its my amp thats killing the potential of them
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-6