I just tried to use my computer as a multi fx/amp modeler through my amp. I use Apples Garageband and I have some pretty good amp models built in, and I wanted to see how it sounded. Here is what I want to know:

1. I tried running it through the effects loop but I didn't get anything. I am still new to the whole effects chain thing since this is my first amp with an fx-loop.
I tried these connections:
computer audio out(headphone jack) -->amp send
computer audio in ----------------------->amp return

Then I tried: computer audio out(headphone) --> amp return
computer audio in -------------------> amp send

All I got either time was a whole bunch of reverb. Was I doing it wrong? Or is it just the fact that my comp isnt really made to be a live proccessor?

2. Next I ran it straight in between my guitar and amp. I got the tones in Garageband coming through the amp. The one drawback was that it seemed to really cover up my amps tone. The main reason I wanted to try this in the first place was to get the great basic tone of my amp to be more versatile by using a proccessor, but it really was no better than the headphones I usually use with Garageband. Do all multi-fx and such suck your tone that much? Or is it just like that when coming through the front of the amp and not the fx loop? Does true bypass matter for something in an fx loop?

Sorry for this long, random, slightly confusing question. I tried to be as detailed as possible. Thanks.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
I believe you can't really compare your computer to a pedal of any sort.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Fama
I believe you can't really compare your computer to a pedal of any sort.

Yes I know that, but theoretically I should be able to use it as a multi-fx. Just imagine its a TC G-major, or a Rocktron expression, etc... Since my question is primarily about how to hook up and run an amp modeling proccessor to a combo amp.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/