so I have a 8 track mixer and I would like to now if it is possible to go from my guitarists head to the mixer and from the mixer to a laptop or pc and record it with cubase?

(the mixer has a line out)
Quote by NoobMuncher3000
BRILLIANT!

Quote by weemansyndrome

(__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by noxios
so I have a 8 track mixer and I would like to now if it is possible to go from my guitarists head to the mixer and from the mixer to a laptop or pc and record it with cubase?

(the mixer has a line out)

Get a Behringer GI-100 or a JDX Radial...those direct boxes are what you'll need to carry the tone of the amp head to the mixer, without needing a microphone (though the Radial can actually benefit from one, given you buy the 2x expensive Phazer).

You actually don't need the mixer...just plug in the cable to your sound card.
Last edited by Fast_Fingers at Mar 8, 2008,
An 8-track mixer would go great with an M-Audio Delta 44. It's got 4-in 4-out, which compliments your mixer perfectly.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Assuming the head has a line out, headphone jack, whatever. DO NOT go from the output of the head that would otherwise go to the speaker and try to run that into your mixer without some sort of step-down transformer. You'll be sorry, for sure.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
the head is a tsl 100 and a engl powerball and I think they have a emulated line out so do I still need a DI box then?
Quote by NoobMuncher3000
BRILLIANT!

Quote by weemansyndrome

(__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
I'd double-check the manual to see what it says and how it defines your emulated line out, but probably. Otherwise, not just any DI will do. It *must* be able to attenuate that signal by quite a lot without doing damage.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.