how should i go about repairing it?

Pics:

you could either-
A-leave it as a battle scar,
or
B-Refinish it.

Personally I'd leave it, since refinishing it takes forever xD
EDIT-Nice guitar btw =D
Just leave it like that. After a few years it will have battle scars and you can tell a story about each of them.
------------------
id leave it, i love smashing up my basses. not to the point where they break entirely or dont work, but giving them some battle scars.
...white out?

I don't know it's nothing severe. and how on earth id you hit your guitar there?
I'd leave it. Not only is it a bitch to repaint chips like that without it looking dumb, but its not worth the money - and noone actually cares.
Ug's Stupidest Member of the Year - 2005
How do you smash it way up there....... I can see the bottoms or even the headstock but that must of been quite a arial performace you too were putting on lol
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Mar 8, 2008,
Leave it, and when people ask you about it, make up an incredibly ridiculous story that makes you look like a rock god.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by Deeg
I'd leave it. Not only is it a bitch to repaint chips like that without it looking dumb, but its not worth the money - and noone actually cares.

My guess was that it was leaned against something and fell sideways.

If it was during-play then his straplock mustve come loose or the strap come un-attached and the guitar fallen down and flipped while falling.

Either that or he's an alien in an upside down world.
Ug's Stupidest Member of the Year - 2005
Sorry to hear that dude. The chip must be pretty painful right now, but that will pass. I say, leave it. No repair job will look nearly as genuine as the chip itself.

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

On the plus side it's at least white. When touching in dings I usually go for car paint pen kits that's available from places like Halfords (triple packed with primer, paint and lacquer). It works reasonably well but on a ding that size it's never going to be an invisible repair.

Hth.
I see Mother Nature equipped you for a battle of wits in the same way she equipped cows for supersonic flight.
god damn do you guys ****ing read? "HOW DID HE CHIP IT?" look at the first sentence brotha
That looks kind of nasty, but chips like that are still cool.
Last edited by Dores at Mar 8, 2008,
Quote by ICEMANN999
god damn do you guys ****ing read? "HOW DID HE CHIP IT?" look at the first sentence brotha

Hey calm down there cujo... People are asking because they want more specifics much like my post asking how it happened was it some kind of crazy arial move because that is a weird spot to chip a guitar. So maybe take your own advice and read the whole thread not just what you want to read....
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Mar 8, 2008,
I usually say battle scars look good, but not on shred guitars...they're too flashy to be blemished imo. Leave it unless you're gonna get it fixed professionally.

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.