This is a strat I'm doing for someone else. It was kind of at a stand still until today when I picked it up again and did the humbucker routes. I still have to drill some hole, install the binding, carve it, route the electronics cavity, and finish it. After this I'll start my acoustic (it's already started, sides are bent and all my jigs are made.) anyway, here are some pics

the neck is birdseye maple(very little birdseye)
the body is poplar with a curly maple top
its going to have golden age humbuckers
gotoh trem
grover tuners
graphtech nut
medium frets
volume, tone, and a three way toggle
natural top (no dye)
black back

-carousel
sweet. lookin foreward to it.
-Epiphone SG400
-Epiphone ES-339
-Dean Ekoa acoustic
-Peavey Valveking 212
-Fulltone Full-Drive 2
-Slash Signature Wah
you never fail to amaze me man, again another gorgeous strat.
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
This might be my last strat for a long time. Once I find my electronics cavity templates I'll be able to finish the routing. After this my next electric is going to be a V I think.
awesome wood.
Carousel what would be the best way of gluing a top on?? Besides clamps and stuff would you try to distribute pressure evenly or anywhere you can fit a clamp, clamp it?
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
hmm. I use a vacuum press now which is even pressure throughout. When using clamps I'd try to clamp it as much as possible. I can't really see how it wouldn't be even pressure if you put a clamp everywhere a clamp could fit. Before you go to clamp the top on with glue, do it without glue, make sure its on their with no gaps and that their is pressure in the middle of the top so that it is glued down. I have some big handscrew clamps that reach the middle of the guitar blank. When I've used clamps its been no problem
^ i think he uses a vacuum press.
this is looking amazing carousel, you never fail to amaze me, you've made me like strats, damn you, i really like the body shape on you're ones though, so you have a plan/blueprint for it ?
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
I don't currently have plans or anything for my "strats." But if you really want them I could try to scan the paper plans i have in parts and host them on image dump. The shape is basically a mix between a yamaha pacifica and some other strat style guitar. I think I made them like a year ago now so I'm not 100% sure on it. I actually dont have a single template for the guitar body and all the routes. I have the body shape, the humbucker route, the electronics cavity templates, the trem templates, etc. My neck pockets are done with forstner bits because my necks are a little different and i like a good fit.
i would really appreciate it if you did do that, yours are the only strats i like and i would love to have a go at building one one day, just the body shape would be absolutly fantastic!
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
thanks alot !
this looks great btw.
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
^ill post that up later tonight or tomorrow. I got some work on the body done that I'll post pics of later tonight. its really taking shape. I think I'll spray it this weekend.
Amazing... I don't think the Strat headstock matches such a body too well, but that's my own issue.

You say it's going to have a black back... Does this mean opague black or trans black?
Quote by carousel182
Real binding is an actual plastic strip. Some companies do painted on binding.

Does it just go between the top and the Rest of the body?
Hello
Quote by MXBoy11
Does it just go between the top and the Rest of the body?

Yep, It just helps it flow better.

Quote by Pikka Bird
You say it's going to have a black back... Does this mean opague black or trans black?

opaque gloss black.
this is gonna be paused for a while, my right radius and ulna are broken
Last edited by carousel182 at Mar 18, 2008,