Well it depends on what your strengths are, what techniques you've only just learnt, what you've mastered, what you've never touched etc etc
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
7.5/10
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
doing it on a scale is flawed by default because all guitarists have different styles and skill levels. its the sorta song you should learn when you've been playing for just under a year, if you're looking for a slight challenge
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
3 at best, thats why years ago ever guitar player could play it, that scene in waynes world, with the sign that says NO STAIRWAY - remember that?- that wasn't a joke, many guitar shops in my area had those same signs up, way before that movie ever made that joke
Just Try It
Quote by MightyAl
I lean towards Butthole Surfers because only a butthole would carry a surfboard around a town.

Teh Gearz:

Cruiser Stratocaster
Feng Ling G15 Amplifier
Digitech Grunge Pedal
Daphon E20PH Phaser Pedal
well i probably would give this song a 5, considering it was one of the first songs i ever learned to play. i still havent gotten around to learning the solo so idk about the difficulty on that, but the rest of the song is pretty straight forward as long as you can play chords and finger pick a little
Quote by jamogod
3 at best, thats why years ago ever guitar player could play it, that scene in waynes world, with the sign that says NO STAIRWAY - remember that?- that wasn't a joke, many guitar shops in my area had those same signs up, way before that movie ever made that joke

so in the shops you couldn't play stairway to heaven? I'm not going to play it then...
I can't play it in it's entirety but I can play alot of songs that I know are harder

The solo is a bit for me also, but I know if I just sat down with it I could get it
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
stairway is like the 2nd song i learned when I first got my guitar haha, pretty much just memorization, chords arent hard
i have been playing it....and i found out if you can remember it is very easy...

i have problems remembering it
id say its about 5 or 6, its mostly just memorizing it, and getting the timing down
Gear
ESP Ltd EC-256
Takamine G-40
Boss NS-2
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Classic OD
MXR 10-Band EQ
Boss TU-3
B 52 AT-100
B 52 AT 412A

Line 6 Relay G30
The problem with grading guitar difficulties is that the instrument has a strange sliding scale. Firstly its hard, then everything seems to get a bit easier but then to perfect techniques it gets tricky again.

I'd say 'Stairway...' really is dead centre of the scale.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic