Page 1 of 2
ok so i was waiting for x mas to roll around because my dad promised me a dean razorback but it wouldnt come for about a month after xmas. anyways i was at school, then i came home and guess what my guitar came, my parents wrapped it up and btw this was abrand new guitar not used, anyways i opened it up and would you believe it there was a huge ass freaking chip missing from the corner of it, it was terrible this chip was like the size of my thumb. i was gonna send it back but i was waiting for so long i just shrugged it off and painted it so u couldnt notice it
Quote by dean.guitar.man
its covered with nailpolish but if u want pics il try to get it to you

Id like to see how you covered it up and try to figure out how it got chipped and where...

so yea, I'd like a pic
I saw this thread and your username, and expected the content to say "I bought a Dean!"
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
I'm slowley coming over to the chips and dings darkside myself lol... Used to freak out if any of my gear had any blemish on them. But after hanging out with alot of metal guys and seeing some really nice relic'ed guitars.. I dont find myself flipping out anymore and im even thinking about relic'ing out a guitar...

Hmm makes me think, i dont think anyone has reliced a razorback lol.. You should give it a try..
Quote by binkythefurious
Don't force it, it's not a relic if you put the dents there on purpose, lol

Dropping down a flight of stairs multiple times might be an accident... lol
Your parents bought you a Razorback but you are still using crappy amps? ... Nice..
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

wow ... you buy it new and it comes ****ed up and you keep itlike that???

jesus.
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
Quote by nvranka
wow ... you buy it new and it comes ****ed up and you keep itlike that???

jesus.

Kids are pushovers these days.. It wasn't his money anyways so why should he care, his daddy will eventually buy him a new one anyways.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

well for **** sake if it was my kid id send it back if I paid for it lol.

sure if he bought it himself and wanted to keep it that way, more power to him, but thats just rediculous.

but I guess his parents are happy if hes happy, tbh who cares,

why did you post this if you dont even care that it happend???
Quote by Vanquish
Your parents bought you a Razorback but you are still using crappy amps? ... Nice..

Yeah... Thats what I was thinking.
And, I've never heard of an amp's output power being in volts.
Unless that's what the model name of your amps are.
And boo-hoo, you got a dent in your guitar. My guitar has numerous dents and I don't give two craps about it. My amp's tolex is all smashed up (second hand), but I don't care as long as it sounds good (and it does). It gives your gear character to get damaged. Unless it was a PRS or something sexy like that, then I wouldn't want it dented up. Razorbacks are kind of ugly IMO, so it's fine for them.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
^

bro his parents bought it new, and it came ****ed up, thats the problem at hand lol.
I think it's sad really. If it was his money he wouldn't of shrugged it off and gone "Oh well". Now you can't send it back. God gave you an omen not to buy a Dean and you blew it. GG.
Roflpwned

It had it coming. What a waste of perfectly good mahogany.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
jesus... you guys are like a pack of wolves if some kid gets a guitar he wants thats considered bad in this forum

that sucks about your guitar bud, my Warlock was chipped too but i got it cheaper because of that reason. my guitar has a **** load of fine scratches from the pick from playing it`s driving crazy. i hope your chip was at least on the back of the guitar.

oh and congrats on your new baby.. Deans are killer looking guitars.
Quote by dean.guitar.man
ok so i was waiting for x mas to roll around because my dad promised me a dean razorback but it wouldnt come for about a month after xmas. anyways i was at school, then i came home and guess what my guitar came, my parents wrapped it up and btw this was abrand new guitar not used, anyways i opened it up and would you believe it there was a huge ass freaking chip missing from the corner of it, it was terrible this chip was like the size of my thumb. i was gonna send it back but i was waiting for so long i just shrugged it off and painted it so u couldnt notice it

lol?

So you got a guitar with a bad chip... YET you didnt send it back for the sake of a few days?
Quote by darkarbiter7
And boo-hoo, you got a dent in your guitar. My guitar has numerous dents and I don't give two craps about it. My amp's tolex is all smashed up (second hand), but I don't care as long as it sounds good (and it does). It gives your gear character to get damaged. Unless it was a PRS or something sexy like that, then I wouldn't want it dented up. Razorbacks are kind of ugly IMO, so it's fine for them.

Yeah I agree. If I had an American Made Custom 22/24 or 513 or something then I would probably freak out if something happened and go and get it professionally fixed but if its like a Strat or LP or something than more power to the relicness.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by darkarbiter7

There is a difference between the normal wear and tear that gives a guitar character, and damaging the guitar. So for example, if I receive a guitar with scratches and dents in it, my guitar has character? I don't think so. Now, if I am playing the guitar, and it gets dents and scratches from me playing it, then it may have character. When people damage their guitars, they try and make themselves feel better by saying "it has character".
Be cool.
to ts: in ur sig it says blah blah amp 10 volts. dont u mean watts?
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by Slayerdeath
jesus... you guys are like a pack of wolves if some kid gets a guitar he wants thats considered bad in this forum.

That's what I was thinking.
The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.

Quote by Toniofalcon
I'd prefer to be the only guitarist in a band. I love rhythm and I like leads, why not do both? Plus I want all of the attention because I am a huge faggot.
At least Dean aren't like Fender and making a guitar that looks battered up saying its 'relic'd'.
The Razorback is a nice-looking guitar and I personally wouldn't be satisfied if it came dented when I was buying it mostly for the looks anyway.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Even if a guitars totally smashed it can be fixed up 100%

You have to look up a true luthier in your area. It'll probably cost quite a bit but your guitar will be up and running just as good as when you bought it. My buddy's les paul studio was dropped and the headstock snapped clean off, he took it to the tech over here and when he got it back you couldn't even see the crack line! The glue they use on that is incredible probably stronger then the piece of wood itself once it sets.
Quote by Silky Smooth
Even if a guitars totally smashed it can be fixed up 100%

You have to look up a true luthier in your area. It'll probably cost quite a bit but your guitar will be up and running just as good as when you bought it. My buddy's les paul studio was dropped and the headstock snapped clean off, he took it to the tech over here and when he got it back you couldn't even see the crack line! The glue they use on that is incredible probably stronger then the piece of wood itself once it sets.

a headstock snapping clean off isnt the same as a totally smashed up guitar. Broken headstock is actually a quite common problem.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
Quote by Gnomestar
you should phone up complai and demand soem free stuff (like cables etc.)

He can't. He decided to pai nt over the chip with nail polish, so now he has to deal with the flaw.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
Quote by HomerSGR
You don't send it back!? You must be crazy if you pay full-price for it!!!!!

See thats the thing, he didn't pay for it, his parents did and he has no respect for their hard earned money so he decided to lower the value on it even more by putting some of his nail polish on it.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

my parents only payed for 1 guitar and 1 amp! you got it easy, and the one amp that was payed for was just handed down to me and the guitar was for my birthday(we traded in my dads old musicmaster 4 the old L6s...
and even i dont find the scratches on my L6s bad (it's a vintage what can i expect?) my parents didn't understand and had a heart attack when i wanted that instead of the brand new SG i went to buy (i tried all the other guitars in the store as well, but Lola(thats her name) screamed "buy me, i sound like the awsomeness!")
but my new ones all look top notch still beacause when it comes to taking care of them im a freak...
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Last edited by Mr.Cuddles at Mar 9, 2008,
same thing happened to my mate with same guitar, but then he rung up whereva he got it from n they sent him a new 1 free of charge. so yea u should give that a go.
Page 1 of 2