Dean Bass

I'm looking for a new bass simply. I've currently got a Encore PK40 which won't play through amps and is essentially a pile of crap. I wanna know if this dean is worth purchasing. any reccomendations for another bass are welcome and my budget is around £100-£300.

Thanks In Advance,
They're good starter basses, but not much more than that. You can get a lot more for your money. A nice Peavey or a Squire VM will do you much better. Genres you play?
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
played one last year, i hated the tone it gave me, even playing metal it sounded awful
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
mostly punk, indie and rock (i know its a metal bass but ive heard theyve got nice tone and play well)
The V will be uncomfortable to play, most likely, and be impossible to sit down with. The tone will be lacking. Like I said, you can get better for your money. Either of those basses I suggested will do good.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
guy I know has one
the tone isnt great, not comfortable to play, u could probs get better, try Peavey, they make some nice basses in that price range
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
Quote by KieronC07
mostly punk, indie and rock (i know its a metal bass but ive heard theyve got nice tone and play well)

Buy a Fender Standard Precision or Jazz bass.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
thanks but av seen an epiphone thunderbird n some fenders (thanks indie-bassist)
Quote by KieronC07
thanks but av seen an epiphone thunderbird n some fenders (thanks indie-bassist)

stay away from Thunderbirds, seriously, for what you play P-bass is probs the best

or Jazz bass for sheer Versatlity, you cant really go wrong with Fender
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
The Dean Metalman series is fairly good for it's price, but it has a few issues. The pickup has almost no tonal variety at all, and the V is extremely uncomfortable to play with.

I would reccomend the Dean Metalman ML instead of the V, it is more comfortable, and still has that dean vibe.

In all honesty, I would never buy a Dean Metalman unless I was going to have it painted, the metalman series has a lot of realastate for artists to work with.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
I realy dont like the V shape makes it almost impossible to sit and play/practice. Might be ok for performace on stage but not to practice.

There some nice other basses in that range you will like much more.
To Be is to Do -Socrates-
To Do is to Be -Sartre-
Do be do be do -Sinatra