So my cousin got into a conservatory in Peru and one of his first assignments was to make a song with one note. I found that to be really interesting so, instead of making a song with one note, let's make a 3 part song with 1, 2 and 3 notes. Pick 3 notes, the first part would have 1 note, the second part would have the first note you chose plus another note and the third part would have the first, second and a new note. Whoever get's the most creative song wins.

Anyone wants to do this?
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Il do it

EDIT: i really like these kind of contests, I have one in a similiar vein going atm. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=754001

If you wouldn't mind, could we do a kind of "Contest for Contest" thing,

I'll enter yours and you enter mine (hehehe that souds funny)
Last edited by sam i am at Mar 8, 2008,
Quote by NickRaciti
This three note song idea is old. The Ramones based their career on it.

actually, they used power chords which contain more than one note
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Quote by sevenatenine
two notes

right, and they used at least two power chords in a song so that's 4 notes...i've never heard a song with less than 3 notes
-Homer Simpson
Last edited by blues-guitarist at Mar 8, 2008,
Quote by sam i am
Can we use, any octave of the note e.g, for the first section I chose E, can I play the E in any octave or just at one place.

yea, otherwise it would be pretty boring i think, or you would have to be a REALLY good musician to make it interesting
-Homer Simpson
wow the one note part will be tough, lol...i suck but ill give a try for the practice haha, so is this just supposed to be an instrumental or a full blown song with drums, vox, etc. Maybe a stupid question but i didnt see any detail, lol. Thanks.
Quote by shinedown98
wow the one note part will be tough, lol...i suck but ill give a try for the practice haha, so is this just supposed to be an instrumental or a full blown song with drums, vox, etc. Maybe a stupid question but i didnt see any detail, lol. Thanks.

i was just thinking of making it instrumental but if you want you it would be cool to make it a full song
-Homer Simpson
^ I'd wanna do a full song, too.

C'mon! Let's get it started!
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Im submitting something... tommorow. This thread was rather inspiring despite having a mid term to turn in tommorow... oh well.
Count me in. Any restrictions? (Length, genre, format, use of effects etc.) Also, how are we submitting them.
can you manipulate the one note into other ones (big bends, whammying) ?