Ok, Im looking to buy a new guitar, and have been playing for a while, yet i still use my squires strat (definately a time for a upgrade) Thing is, i dont realy use any others, so i dont know what to look for in them.
Im looking to spend around £600-£800 on it, have done some research on things i want, and so far the ibanez jem 555 is the only one that seems to have it (24 frets, locking trem) Im not sure what the real difference between pick ups is, as mine are all single coils, and thats all ive realy used.
I play alot of stuff from music for my church to more fast paced metal, are there any other guitars that might be worth looking into?
The JEM555's are decent guitars but overpriced just because they are JEMs. There are plenty of guitars with 24 frets and locking trems, look into esp/ltd, schecter and Jackson for example.

I would personally recommend a Schecter, they are probably the most priceworthy guitars you can find and the really good ones are in your price range.
Cheers, ive looked into them, Is the Floyd rose trem a good one? (i know theres some speculation about some of the trems being useless and others being amazing, i just dont know which ones are which)
If it's the Hellraiser, Then it's got an OFR, one of the best trems ever. if it's not, it's still pretty decent.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
jem 555s are crap. they're basically an intermediate korean guitar for a pro price because of steve vai's signature (and I'm a steve vai fanboy).

get an rg1570 instead and switch the pickups.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
jem 555s are crap. they're basically an intermediate korean guitar for a pro price because of steve vai's signature (and I'm a steve vai fanboy).

Harsh, fair but harsh. £600 to £800 is well into the nice RG prestige area or Jackson DK2 or SL3.
I see Mother Nature equipped you for a battle of wits in the same way she equipped cows for supersonic flight.
Quote by Dave_Mc

+1
Quote by BigBaldIan
Harsh, fair but harsh. £600 to £800 is well into the nice RG prestige area or Jackson DK2 or SL3.

yeah, easily into pro guitar prices.

Quote by Mwoit
+1

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?