well my first refurb is finally done that i've seeked some UG assistance with so i thought i'd share some pics and plan some more!

so this was the cheap jackson copy i bought from eBay

so with a bit of TLC this is the final product!!!

considering i'm only 15 i'm quite pleased, i replaced the awful stock pups, replaced the neck beacuse truss rod was broken, new paintjob, new lace alumitone pups, new pots with a push/pull tone to add the humbucker. It's almost perfect, except really high action, so i need to take the nut down then it will be ace

so what do you think? cheers

(p.s. sorry for pic quality could only use my phone)
for the next one im thinking of something a little basic but still fun, a guitar from scratch is WAY to daunting and costly at the moment. so i was thinking of a cheap fernandes like this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140213586476&ih=004&category=141188&_trksid=p3984.m106&_trkparms=algo%3DMESSL%26itu%3DSS%252BSI%26otn%3D25%26po%3DOp1%26ps%3D15

because i love their looks, the plan is to turn it to a faded black burst, so natural in the centre and a black outer ring, replace the stock pups with EMG 81TW and 89 with an afterburner 20db boost, sound acceptable? cheers
I like it a lot! Good job man!
"Its not how many years you are playing its how many hours"
Thanks!! any feedback is great i took inspiration from the two hendrix flower painted guitars and fell in love with the concept, oh that reminds me, check out the back:

Quote by chs170
Quote by Carl6661
Quote by chs170
Wow.

This is deep
Was the pun intended?
Actually no

E-married to Nikki82
I need to go take a cold shower i'll be back in a few.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by Babylou
lol i was expecting heckling

nah man. that really looks awesome. Reminds me of Steve Vai's Ibanez... without the the gold hardware, and handle.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by Babylou
gee thanks man , do you think the idea for the next one sounds ok?

yeah, but I'm more interested to see what that fernandes would look like with a natural finish tbh.

Hmm, I hate the shape of the Fernandes guitar, but that's just me. The neck paintjob is amazing!
i'd buy one, that looks absolutely amazing !
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
How'd you do the fretboard? I LOVE design and want it on my Strat RIGHT NOW. =[
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
well, the original neck was faulty so i told the guy who sold it to me, and he replaced it free of charge, and sent me that one, for the design on the strat, well that's a secret ... nah.. google guitar raps
Are fernades pups pretty good? I heard they were.
Yer i think so on the higher end models, like the Elite, but the lower end like the X are just no namers, the only info is that they are high output
But seriously, that neck is a beauty. Want to sell it? =]

Otherwise, excellent work. I'm not really one for soloist guitars, but that's really nice!
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
Holy crap. thats insanely awesome. how long did that take you?
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Those pickups are pretty damn sexy if you ask me, the whole thing is awesome too.
Quote by GeneralGrim
So we had a music battle, copying what each other did and upping the ante and whatnot. After awhile of going nowhere, I said to the pianist "let's see you do this, asshole" played a single note... and bent it up a step. And left.
Er i may sell it cos lots of people seem to like it it took me about a week of actually fitting, but saving for parts/waiting for them to arrive + technical hitches make it go on a bit longer
I really want one but that store has nothing for sale =/
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Where did you get the neck from? Would it happen to be from a ebay shop called "woodycustom"
lol maybe....

How do alumitones sound? I was looking into them for ****s and giggles, but I really wanted to know if they sounded good!
they are really good actually, handle the cleans well, but they are kinda all or nothin if you get me, they are either whisper silent, or ear-drum bursting. but they are very versatile, i'll try and post some sound clips when i can.
Right, back again, i'm quite happy with how its turned out but i want to make it better, any ideas, im going to get the frets re-dressed or maybe even re-fretted but any ideas/features of what i could add to make this guitar as good as it looks? Cheers ,

Lewis