I just borrowed my bass player's Line 6 Toneport and plugged it into my mac, planning on using it as an interface... and nothing happened. After 30 minutes of fiddling, nothing. Even tried using the recording out jack on my amp... nada.

Am I doing it wrong?
Well, do you have gearbox installed?
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
Quote by Grönis
Well, do you have gearbox installed?

No, I've heard it works as an interface with Garageband... doesn't it?
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
No, I've heard it works as an interface with Garageband... doesn't it?
Never tried it, so I don't know.
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
If it's anything like the other Line 6 products, it may require drivers.
Check here. Not sure if you'll have better luck but from the quick glance i took there doesn't appear to be any Mac drivers.

EDIT: Didn't look very well , does appear to be toneport drivers under the Mac section.
Quote by SilentMoose
If it's anything like the other Line 6 products, it may require drivers.
Check here. Not sure if you'll have better luck but from the quick glance i took there doesn't appear to be any Mac drivers.

EDIT: Didn't look very well , does appear to be toneport drivers under the Mac section.

Gaahhh... installed a driver, and it seems like it would work.... the light on the box has changed from red to green, and it's showing up in the Sound section under System Preferences, but it's still not inputting any sound.
Once you get to that stage, it's mainly an issue of playing about with the "Device Setup" options within your software. Unfortunatly i have no experience with Garageband, but if it's anything like Cubase your looking for the device input configuration.
Well, I've set the Audio Input to the Toneport, but still, no dice. On system preferences when the toneport is selected it still isn't getting any input, though, so I think that's still part of the problem.

Anyone have experience with Garageband?
I have.. you have yo change every input to toneport. First check your sound preference. you need yo choose your input to toneport. Next open garageband, create a new song and at the main screen of garageband, check if your input source is tonport. Also go to garageband>preference>audio/midi. Select toneport in audio output. Then that would be all I think. check if you inserted the right cables in the right jacks on your toneport. Check if your output volume is up.

Are you using a headphone inserted to toneport? Have you installed gearbox? Open your gearbox first. Are you reaching the said requirements ?
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Last edited by mothership at Mar 8, 2008,