Hey,
Soon (after I finish pawning off my old crap and raising up cash), i'm gonna buy a second amp for cleans running along with a cranked/overdriven peavey classic. It may be this one amp which i may go through with another UG member, or maybe a jazz chorus or something.
Anyways, What would I need to split my guitar signal to run into both amps equally, with both amps recieving an equal signal. I've seen footswitches which can switch between amps, but I need one that sends my signal to both amps. It is fairly simple to do this? Or do I need alot of equipment?

Thanks!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
A/B/Y switch. Making one yourself is rather cheap and easy, otherwise there are plenty commercially available.
Get a Boss LS-2 (Line-selector). I have one and it does exactly what you want. Has two volume knobs for each channel too. It's around £55, got mine for £25 on ebay though.
Originally posted by DatsunsRule
dogmeat, ah jeez, dumb as a post, twice as ugly.

Fender Cyclone, '72 Custom Tele
Squier Mod Jazz Bass, Strat
Ep Valve Jr, Fender FM
Boss DS1, OS2, OC2, GE7, LS2, RC2, Fender PT-100
Danelectro Reverb, Nobels TR-X
All right. Thanks very much.

Sorry to change the subject of my own thread, but do you think it's a good idea to have two amps (one clean, one cranked, like I said before) running at once? Would the clean and overdriven tones blend alright? Or do you think i'd be better off just having them run seperately?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Hehe, I was going to comment on that actually. I think it's a terrible, terrible idea. The dirtiness will just mess up the cleaness and overpower it. It will be a horrible sound :P Ahem, that's just what i think.
Originally posted by DatsunsRule
dogmeat, ah jeez, dumb as a post, twice as ugly.

Fender Cyclone, '72 Custom Tele
Squier Mod Jazz Bass, Strat
Ep Valve Jr, Fender FM
Boss DS1, OS2, OC2, GE7, LS2, RC2, Fender PT-100
Danelectro Reverb, Nobels TR-X
Quote by darkarbiter7
All right. Thanks very much.

Sorry to change the subject of my own thread, but do you think it's a good idea to have two amps (one clean, one cranked, like I said before) running at once? Would the clean and overdriven tones blend alright? Or do you think i'd be better off just having them run seperately?

It's a cool effect, if the clean amp has the headroom to keep up. Joe Perry does it live and sounds awesome. I think Keith richards does/did too.

If you want to try it out you can go to guitar center and plug into a twin reverb, then take a cable from the 2nd output across the aisle to the input of something more crunchy.
Ok, how about this...
How about I crank both (assume my second amp is a nice tube amp, which it probably will end up being).
The amp that i'm thinking of buying off another UG member has a smoother, bassier overdrive, and my peavey is chimey and bell-like. Would this be better than having an overdriven and a clean amp running at once?

^And, the amp has a ton of headroom. It's a 120 watt tube amp with only a clean channel (and they guy says it stays clean forever, and I trust him because he's been on UG for a while, but i'm waiting for sound clips).
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Last edited by darkarbiter7 at Mar 8, 2008,
it can actually a pretty neat sound. some say it gives your overdriven sound more clarity, which is why some people record a clean track under a dirty track.

i've also heard recordings where one person is playing a clean lead and another a dirty rhythm and vice versa. sounds good, but you should try it out somehow just in case you don't like it, like that^ guy.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008