Vox Custom AC15CC1
17 19%
Epiphone Blues Custom 30
6 7%
Other and ill explain below
6 7%
Voters: 89.
Page 1 of 2
Hi i was wondering what you guys would recommend for a versatile Tube Combo amp in the 600$ and less range. I want to play mostly classic rock, alittle blues, and little to no metal. I still want it to be versatile incase i want to move on to other things to. I also want excellent cleans and pretty good overdrive. What would you guys reccomend from the following or list your own.I dont need it loud. Absoluetly not more than 50 watts. Mainly for in house and very small gigs. I dont really want ot go used so unless its a really good amp dont suggest it.

ones im looking at:

Palomino V32
Fender Blues Jr. Nos
Fender Blonde Blues Jr.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (used)
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Valveking
Peavey Windsor Studio
Vox Custom AC15CC1
Epiphone Blues Custom 30
No metal then Classic 30 or Vox AC-15 is the way to go. If you just want to have an amp that has the ability to play metal but still gets decent cleans/classic rock then the Vlaveking would be good.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by dzaerpoor
does the vlaveking have good cleans?

no, descent cleans though. the fenders have way better cleans
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Not as good as the Classic 30. For what you are playing, the Classic 30 or the Hot rod deluxe sounds perfect. If you want a more british sounding OD than the Palmino would be an equally good alternative.
Peavey classic 30. I'll tell you why.

Although the fender HRD has better cleans (marginally better) than the Peavey classic 30, the peavey still has cleans which would be considered Excellent.
And, the Peavey's overdrive CRUSHES (literally) the Fender's. And i'm a tone freak who played these two amps extensively (also, since I own the 50 watt classic).
Since you're playing mostly classic rock, go for the the classic.

Or, there's always the AC15. But, the extra wattage and gain of the C30 is worth it.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Step up to a classic 50 for that money. Can find them used all over for that price range.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
ok I am never going to turn my amp super loud so for me there is no point in going up to 50 watts. No more than 30 very neccessary for me
Quote by darkarbiter7

Although the fender HRD has better cleans (marginally better) than the Peavey classic 30, the peavey still has cleans which would be considered Excellent.
And, the Peavey's overdrive CRUSHES (literally) the Fender's. And i'm a tone freak who played these two amps extensively (also, since I own the 50 watt classic).

Or, there's always the AC15. But, the extra wattage and gain of the C30 is worth it.

^+1

+1 for the classic 30.
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Quote by dzaerpoor
also, are the peavey delta blues any good?

I voted for the Classic 30 in your poll. I have a C-30. I think it's a real nice amp.

But the Delta Blues 115 is better, IMHO. "A poor man's AC30," I like to say.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I'd go for the palomino. Ive always wanted one since I heard it in a music store. But I don't play enough stuff that isn't metal to justify buying one. So I always have to buy metal guitars and high gain amps. lol
Ok so Peavey Classic, Vox ACC15C1, Vlave king (a little too loud), and i want to try the fender blues junior. Prices range from 430 - 600. Which has good cleans, good gain for classic rock, and is reliable? And will work with a multi effects processor?
also the thing is, im never going to go really loud. 15 watts is p;enty so im not sure if the classic 30 is right for me. im going to go try them though
Quote by dzaerpoor
also the thing is, im never going to go really loud. 15 watts is p;enty so im not sure if the classic 30 is right for me. im going to go try them though

Well If you want, You could wait until April and get a Blackheart Handsome Devil.

It's a halfstack, and im preety sure it comes in combo version too.

it has a 7 Watt - 15 watt switch, I think a standby switch also.

3 band EQ, Presence knob, Gain knob, and of course, a volume knob

I'm also getting a tube amp, and it will most likely be the classic 30. only getting it b/c just incase I might start a band or something, itll give me enough to please the crowd (not in that way >.>

but if you are planning to gig, 15 watt will do.
if i wanted a 15 watt i could go with the palomino v16 for 280. seems like a good deal but you probably get what you pay for so i want to get something a little better and with last in the long run. so probably the ones i listed above. gonna try them. also where can you find out when new amps are coming out because it might be a few months before i get this
All those amps are pretty different. I say try the blues jr, the ac15, the classic 30, and the palomino and see what you prefer. True they are all classic rock/blues oriented, but they all sound different.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
fender hot rod deluxe used man thats wha ti did

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by timzee117
fender hot rod deluxe used man thats wha ti did

While I do like my HRD it definitely is a one channel amp. If you can live with the OD or don't mind replacing it with a pedal it is a very nice sounding clean amp for the money. I couldn't pass up the one I got as it was 400 $ new.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
im pretty pleased with my crate v33 but the classic 30 is an unbelievable amp
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
if i was just playing in my house not gig loud, but more than practice should i go for 30 or 15 watts. I think 15 is enough right? Its just that the peavey looks really good but it would be too loud to get the natural break up. Is there a master volume. I would go with the vox because i really like the sound but its expensive. I thnk im going to go with a used peavey, used vox, or a fender blues jr. ive heard some reliablitiy issues with the palomino and i want an amp that will last a while. so please give me advice based on that
The peavey c30 is really loud once its starts to break up on the clean channel, but a 15 watt will also be pretty stinking loud once you turn it up to break up, a 5 watt tube amp is more than enough for a house. Personally I would go for the C30 is it will be a loud amp, but there is a volume knob and an OD Channel to get your gritty sounds out of. Plus if you do start playing more gigs you will have an amp that is capable to push nearly any venue as long as you mic your cab.
it's not for everyone, but....

Masters TVA 30 combo.

Power and Signal Path: All tube 30 Watt Class A power amp with 4-EL84/6BQ5 and 3-12AX7 preamp tubes
No solid-state devices are in the signal path nor are any used for creating overdrive or distortion.

Wiring: Built for highest dependability and lowest noise - Point-to-point, hand wired and printed circuit board (see pictures and text below), shielded wiring for internal signal paths, no connectors are used internally except to connect to the reverb tank (uses RCA connectors)

Channels: 2 channels - Clean and Drive (High Gain), footswitchable

Inputs: 2 - Low (attenuated) and High

Controls: Clean Volume, Drive Gain, Drive Volume, Channel Switch, LED Channel Indicator, Boost (affects both channels), Treble, Middle, Bass, Reverb, Effects Level, Standby, Power click here for image

Rear Panel: Effects Send (Pre-amp Out), Effects Return (Power Amp In), Stereo Footswitch Jack (reverb and channel switch), 2 Speaker Outputs, Speaker Impedance Selector (4 or 8 ohm), Power Cord and Fuse Assembly

Speaker: Masters Design RedBack G1280 custom-designed high efficiency 12" speaker

Color Options: Black, Cream, Red & Tweed *color swatches below*

Models: TVA30C - 1 x 12" combo; TVA30H - head; 112S - 1 x 12" closed back speaker enclosure
Footswitch: FT-200 metal case footswitch included with TVA30; switches channels and reverb

Dimensions: Head: 21-1/4" wide, 10-1/4" tall, 11" deep
Combo: 18-1/4" tall, 21" wide, 10-3/8" deep

http://www.usmasters.com/TVA30Amp.htm

i've tried a lot of the amps on ur list. and i bought the masters head and cab.
i think you can find a combo for around $550.

it's a control panel very similar to the laney vc-30.
except hand wired and made in the US.

the clean is punchy, and the drive is smooth.

i like peavey. if i didnt get this amp, i probably would have bought a peavey. the classic is ok. just never blew me away.
and i cant afford vox.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
So my Top ones are

Fender Blues Junior (With Pedal) - 590
Peavey Classic 30 - 600
Palomino V32 - 400

Is there any thing bad about the palomino. Why are the others significantly better and more expensive?
Quote by dzaerpoor
So my Top ones are

Peavey Classic 30 - 600
Palomino V32 - 400

Is there any thing bad about the palomino. Why are the others significantly better and more expensive?

I've heard that the newer Vietnam ones have inconsistent quality.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by dzaerpoor
So my Top ones are

Peavey Classic 30 - 600
Palomino V32 - 400

I believe the Palominos are being phased out to make room for Crate's newer V series of amps. The quality has been kinda hit & miss with the Vietnamese models, but $400 for a brand new 30W tube amp is still a great deal. Of course, you can get a used, American made Classic 30 for less than that.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by darkarbiter7

This is exactly what I was going to write, except the part about owning the 50W Classic.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I was blown away by the Classic, I just couldn't afford the extra $200 over the Valveking. The good thing is, if you do get into any metal, an OD will take you there with the Classic.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
I voted for the Classic and the Palomino...why?..because both suit your style of play perfectly, and with an OD can get a decent metal tone. I own the Palomino V16 by the way, and its good enough for band practice if you don't need cleans.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
I was just at guitar center earlier today, and they had a classic 30 right next to a palomino v32, and believe me, the classic 30 sounded MUCH better all around.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
I can only vouch for what I have used or own, and these guys are right about the HRD not having the best amount to drive. I however, did notice a HUGE difference this this respect when I added the EL84 kit to it (Groove Tubes power reducer, $96 w/tubes included).

The problem in your situation would be the cost of both a used HRD and $100 on top of that for the tube kit.

Either way, you are on the right track to getting something really nice added to your setup.

-Greg
Fender 60th Anniv MIM Strat (SD Little 59er Br)
Agile AL-2000 Rootbeer Flame (GFS Vtg '59)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
GFS Chorus
DS-1
Quote by wiliscool
I was just at guitar center earlier today, and they had a classic 30 right next to a palomino v32, and believe me, the classic 30 sounded MUCH better all around.

I've played both as well and I have to agree that the C30 is definitely superior to the Palomino. The tone on the Palomino is good, but the tone on the c30 is GREEEEEEEEEEATTTTTT!
I'd personally go with Palomino V32. I've been saving for that thingy.

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

Yeah the only reason i dont want it is because i want something that will alst a long time and the quality inconsistency is really turning me off to it. Im thinking maybe i'll get the handsomedevil combo wwhen it comes out (15 watts)
im also thinking that since the vox ac15cc1 is also 600, sounds really nice from the demos on youtube, and is 15 watts so i can turn it up more
I'd go with either a Classic 30 or a b-52 At Combo. The B-52 may have a little too much gain for your taste but it still has great cleans.
Page 1 of 2