i've completely given up on screaming, and i cannot sing at all either, so i was wondering if there's some kind of thing i could buy or download (which would be better) that i could use to like whisper into, and it'd distort the whispering and make it sound like screaming? one of my friends said something about that, but idk if he knows what he's talking about.

it sucks. i'll have to use like distortion to make it sound like i'm screaming, if that's possible, and when i sing in my band, we have to put a bunch of weird effects on it and just sing about taco bell and halo.
why have you given up on screaming? come on, anybody can scream, just need the balls to let it out.

EDIT: and the proper training of course, breathing technique etc. but you don't need the same talent to be a great screamer that you need to be a great singer.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Mar 8, 2008,
Quote by frottage
i've completely given up on screaming, and i cannot sing at all either, so i was wondering if there's some kind of thing i could buy or download (which would be better) that i could use to like whisper into, and it'd distort the whispering and make it sound like screaming? one of my friends said something about that, but idk if he knows what he's talking about.

it sucks. i'll have to use like distortion to make it sound like i'm screaming, if that's possible, and when i sing in my band, we have to put a bunch of weird effects on it and just sing about taco bell and halo.

just get vocal lessons man. you'll be glad you did. and if you want to distort your voice that bad just use a pedal.
Quote by smb
Lots of bands use distorted vocals - eg Tool and Mastodon

im prettry sure they make their voice like that on their own
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.
Quote by chrismetal86

You're pretty wrong.
Quote by chrismetal86

yeah, listen to Tool's "Rosetta Stoned". definately effects.
Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah, listen to Tool's "Rosetta Stoned". definately effects.

well speaking on mastodon the distortion just adds more but he can probably make some rasp on his own
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.
well, i plugged a mic into my board, put that through a distortion pedal and into an amp, and i had a TON of feedback and static. ?
Quote by Beakwithteeth
Why?

cause none of us can be serious. and that's all we're inspired to write about.
I honestly don't think you will be able to achieve a replica of a scream, sure you can get it distorted.. But it's not gonna sound the same, how old are you? How much did you practice screaming o.O?
Ibanez Universe w/ EMG 707 > Ibanez TS9 > Boss NS2 > Peavey xxx > custom 4x12 w/ 2 veteran 30's & 2 et65's
just use a distortion pedal. If I remember correctly, Electric Wizard uses seriously overdriven vocals.
This sounds like a great idea. Thank you! I also can't scream worth a **** and value my singing voice too much to put it in danger.